My dad had a stroke earlier in the week

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by carter001, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carter001

carter001 Active Member

It really made me reevaluate my life.I mean there are people in this world who have nothing,literally nothing and they struggle on,there are people born blind and deaf and handicap but they don't give up.

I guess my point is that no matter how bad you feel inside,in a dark hole and see no light or way out(and trust me I've been there plenty of times)you have to hold on and fight this.Life really is worth holding on too.

Thanks everyone here for your support.

God bless you all:smile:
  2. solutions

solutions Well-Known Member

Let me say, I'm very sorry your father had a stroke. It must have hurt to hear that in a way I can only imagine.

We're here for you if you need us.
  3. oval

oval Well-Known Member

im sorry your father had a stroke. mine had one last year in december so i know how you must feel now. how is he doing now that a few days have gone by? will he get out of the hospital soon?
    its great how you look at things now :smile: very true
  4. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

I can empathize. My father has been a stroke patient for 3 years.
    I put away my suicidal idealation for him.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope he is getting the therapy he needs to get strong and well again hugs to you okay for being strong for him too
  6. carter001

carter001 Active Member

Thanks everyone.He has improved,his walking is better and he can talk properly again.He will be out of hospital next week,that's if his walking stays the same.

It's hard for me because on the one hand I hate him for all the abuse he gave me and my mom over the years(verbal abuse)and on the other hand he is my father and I do care about him.
  7. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Your doing the right thing Carter. A man might not get along along with his father but maybe he will change his outlook once he realises he needs the care of others.

Either way, your a gentleman for realising your duties and not shirking from them, despite your own struggle. I take my hat off to you sir.

I had someone in the family who cheated on his wife who was very dear to me. Even so when he got old we still got along and forgave him as much as we can.

Also, PollyAnna, your a brave person to make that commitment - its amazing sometimes how even severe depression kind of lifts in time of great crisis - we get a second wind were we'd never have though we could get the energy.

Your an example to us all.
  8. carter001

carter001 Active Member

Thanks for the kind words peacelovingguy,you're a gentleman also.Sorry you had your own difficulties in life but you seem at peace now.

Thanks everyone
  9. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Sorry to hear that your father had a stroke. Hope he's okay. :hug:
  10. carter001

carter001 Active Member

Thanks Dave_N.He'll be out of the hospital tomorrow sometime.I feel bad cause he can barely walk now and mam has to look after him 24/7 from now on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.