My dad lost his mind!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Summer.Rain, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

He think that he can solve all my bi polar issues and depression issues
    and anxiety issues, and all i need is to get merried...
    For the past few weaks im meeting a girl, i dont love her or anything
    we are just sort of freands, talking about stuff and so on..
    Now recently this freand on mine told me she are planning to fly
    to Israel to visit her sister, when i told about it to my dad he told me:
    "Omg you are so stupid, dont you undarstand that this is how she tells
    you that she want you to fly with her"...
    Now after i ignored it with somewhat confusion
    he told me to send her SMS and ask her to merry me...

since then he comes every day to my room and tells me how worthless i am
    and that i must do as he says, i must get merried and to have kids...
    I told him im not ready for fammily, nor for kids, or relations in fact
    and that i first have to treat myself...
    he ignored me.

He lost his mind... now usally i dont care what happance to him
    he is an asshole i hate him and when he will die he will die alone
    but the problem is tha because i cant take care of my self
    im totaly depandant on him, and it looks like he is loosing it and he pulls me down with him!

Now my mom is a completly wothless and mindless creature
    probbly because of my dad, who kept lowering her self esteam for years.

I dont have any money at all, so i cant move out of the house and away from this hell...
    I have no one to ask for help
    I am totaly alone and im falling fast
    One day i feel like i will snap and i will just end it all, that is after ill write
    a letter full of hatrate!
  2. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

i'm really sorry to hear you are going through this! you are NOT worthless, and your dad should not be telling you that. NO ONE should be saying that to you. We are all precious in God's eyes. you are a person who is loved and deserving of love.

do you go to school? have you tried discussing this with a teacher or guidance counselor? if you are not in school, have you tried going to a hospital and discussing with someone what you are going through?

dont give up hope, things are really bad but there is always hope. you WILL get out of this situation! please talk to someone in your area about this as well.

you're in my prayers
  3. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

That is absolutely not the case, if she wanted you to go she'd tell you, but I'm sure you're smart enough to figure that out.

Getting married is often more stressful for people and it can't guarantee you'd be any happier. Your father has no right to dictate your life especially at your age.
  4. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Stand up to him now or you'll be his doormat for the rest of your life...
  5. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Standing up to father is much easier said than done. I wonder if you're ready emotionally to do it. As TG123 said, talking with someone you trust could really help. I've been seeing a therapist for a while, and he's kept me from losing it many times.

Some things you just can't do on your own. You need strength from God and the support of someone you trust. If you live in the US, your county should have a mental health department, where you can talk with a professional in confidence and, if you have no income, it's free. You can just walk in and ask to see someone. They've been a significant help to me.

I hope you'll be able to take action soon.

Marriage is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make, and it has to be your decision, not your father's. I can see you're smart enough to know when someone is a friend without being marriage material. We all need those friends, without strings attached.

Most of us have been taught to love and respect and obey our parents. Sometimes it doesn't work out the way everything's supposed to, and a father has abused his family and has lost their respect and trust. At that point, you have to have the strength of character to go it without him. You could possibly defuse a situation by thanking your father for his input and let him know you're still thinking it through.

Whatever you decide to do, you have to do something to protect your emotional health. Don't be intimidated or afraid. You need to do this for yourself. I think you know that, from what you say, and you know you're not the person your father sees. You're of value. You deserve better than the hellish, abusive situation you're living in. Reach out to a counsellor of some kind for help ASAP.

6. shades

shades Staff Alumni

You and I have had our differences at this site, but I'm truly sorry about your situation with your father. He obviously doesn't understand your medical problem, or maybe he thinks he does but he doesn't. You're not going to get any help from them. Maybe by talking about it here more, we can help you out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.