My dad tried to commit suicide...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ruff_ryder_20, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruff_ryder_20

ruff_ryder_20 New Member

Just about an hour ago my dad tried to commit suicide, he has been off work for the past few months, and has been, well was suppose to be seeing a psychologist, he wasn't going all the time. He has been talking antidepressants, and his family has a history off suicide attempts, his mother use to attempt it all the time, and she ended up dieing a few years ago because of it.

I am just wondering what I should do, he ended up taking a bunch of his medications and about a bottle or more of wine. I really think he needs help but I do not think he will get it himself, and I really am lost here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I apologize if this does not belong in this forum...

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Call the emergency room/A&E. 911 if you're in the US, 999 if you're in the UK.
  3. Ogre101

Ogre101 Member

Hi ruff-ryder and welcome to the forums.

Its clear from your posting that your Dad has been ill for sometime and it seems that your family are well aware of this. It also seems to some extent that he is receiving help for his condition. All of this is great news. As I'm a father who was thinking about self-harm I'm no-where near to that stage, but with help from members here I'm getting there.
    Your dads help is not enough, I feel he needs to go back to his GP and tell him everything. Although you say that he self-harmed recently is he now in hospital ? If so thats a good place for him atm. I'm not sure if your a complete family unit, Ie you still live with your mum, if so then ask for a meeting alltogether with his consultant. Be very brave mate and tell the consultant and your family (even if your dad is present) who this situation makes you feel.
    It was a shock to my system when I spoke to a member here who was the wife of a man who self harmed leaving a young family. Helped me tremendously.
  4. ruff_ryder_20

ruff_ryder_20 New Member

sorry I should of mentioned, I already did that he is at the hospital right now. I mean what do do afterwards, they pumped out his system and he is going to be alright, but I do not want anything like this to happen again, I would like so help on what to do for him, like getting him help and making him do it... i don't know he was suppose to be seeing a psychologist...

EDIT: Thanks Orge, I will possibly think about that. Thanks for the reply
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.