My dad won't leave me alone on Facebook

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Corvo, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corvo

Corvo Member

I'm gonna keep it as short as possible

The first time I met my dad was when I was 11 and he tried to kidnap me i am now 15 and about a year ago my dad got into contact with my mom over Facebook and my mom says he isn't dangerous anymore and I can be in contact with him online on Skype or Facebook apart from I don't wanna speak to him yet I wanna speak to him when I'm older and my mom said that's fine.

And a few months ago my dad started sending me messages on Facebook and he sent pretty normal stuff just about what he was doing with his life and what he liked to do when he was my age ect I decided to send him a message saying I wanted to talk to him instead when I was older he then kept sending me messages witch was fine but lately he has been acting frustrated with the fact that I don't reply to his messages.

And I have a reason I don't wanna talk to him but it's to long to explain right now

And I can't talk to my mom because I don't wanna stress her out

I can't talk to my friends because I'm not really close to my friends like that and I don't want loads of people in my school knowing that I have gotten into contact with my dad because it will be embarrassing because of stuff that I'm to tierd to explain.

Sorry if this isn't written well I'm very sleepy and stuff right now

Is it bad that I haven't been replying to my dad's messages?
  2. Corvo

Corvo Member

I also don't feel very many positive emotions towards him so I don't wanna speak to him I feal like a bad person for not liking him and I feal as if It's expected that I like him one of my friends I use to know said it would be normal not to like him after the things he has done but i don't know.
  3. Corvo

Corvo Member

Also my mom may have been wrong about some of the bad things he has done but I'm not sure
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOu can block his msgs if he is bothering you You need to let your mother know he is upsetting you ok so she can step in and stop it. You should not have to give him any responses if you don't want too and he should not be making you feel guilty He is an adult and should know better Tell him you need your own space and you will not be talking to him on his terms only on yours hugs
  5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Just block him - simple answer to Facebook drama of all sorts - block the person.
  6. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Exactly as NYJmpMaster says Convo - Block him & as long as he does not have any other contact info for you (cell/landlne phone numbers or email address ) you should hear no more from him

Though, if he knows your street address or school you attend he could find you there - if that happens you need to inform your Mum & worse case scenario you may have to inform the police

tc Convo

7. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

If you are in uk google childline and call them 08001111 they will offer confidential advice and help.

Or mail them and ask about similar organizations where you are.

He should not do this.
  8. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're having to deal with that. You always have everyone here to talk to! :hug:

I agree with above posters, just block him. Bottom line is you are in control of who you want in your life; people don't get to demand you respect and attention.
  9. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

i too say to block him... and also go into your settings on facebook, and find the security settings for who can view you timeline and etc, and make sure you have it marked that only friends and family can view it or etc,... just do not allow it to say "everybody" or "public" for permissions on stuff like that... anything that you post, needs to stay away from him if you do not want contact with him, this can only be accomplished if you ensure that only those you choose to friend can view your information....

i would tell you mom regardless, just in case he does try to contact you face to face in school or something or uses some other method of contacting you, or attempts to trace you down.... its always best to "stay one step ahead" rather than to wait til something happens. so i'm not saying or implying that he will try to further contact you... just that you should make sure you are covered in case he does.... i was taught to "prepare for the worst and hope for the best". so prepare for him not giving up on contact, but hope that decides to honor your wishes.
  10. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

What exactly is he bothering u about. Be honest and upfront youre not ready yet and would need alot time in between for responding back . You could even do short responses if you dont feel like anything to talk about. Alot of people are unfortunate like me to have a crappy father.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.