My dad

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by SuperBo, Nov 27, 2010.

1. SuperBo

SuperBo Well-Known Member

I havent been on here in a long time.. but for the first time in a year or so I've actully been in pain having bad thoughts.. it sucks my dad passed on the 11th and I always said I hated him and now when he's gone i miss him..
  2. nonethelessjaclyn

nonethelessjaclyn Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Although i can't relate, i know what it's like to say that you hate someone and have them leave your life. I've always told my sister that i hated her, but now that she's moved out and i never see her anymore, i miss her.

i guess the saying is true.
    you never know what you've got until it's gone.
  3. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Sorry you are having a rough time Bo :hug:
  4. SuperBo

Thanks mike :hug: you should come into chat miss you man!
  5. SuperBo

its newyears and i miss him more then anything i never thought it could get worse then when he actully died but in more time it settles in.. I don't have a father anymore.
  6. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Hey bo, long time hun.
    I am very sorry for your loss and what you are going through.
    I can understand hating parents. I hate mine, tho ive never lost one of them, when im feeling lowest i miss my mum, but not for her, but what a mother should be. Caring, there for you, supportive and protective.
    But my mum will never be that.
    So, do you miss your dad, considering you hated him, or do you miss what a father should be for you?
    Here if you need anything bo
  7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

:console: sorry your missing your dad i hope you have some good support around you and some councilling maybe to help you deal with your emotions take care of you now okay hugs
  8. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

Sorry to hear about your dad, it look like this really had effected you in many ways :hug: Why not try cruse bereavement care They will be able to help you a bit and give you support or maybe check out this link, dealing with death.

This may help you learn some coping strategies to support yourself

Do you have friends or family who you can talk to about this?
  9. SuperBo

thank you all for this its very helpful to know I'm not alone... My family well its not the best and it hasnt been but my friends are my rope that keeps me here they are beyond any support i could ever get.. but i keep running away from the pain i dont really talk about it and i really try not to think about it and escape in other ways. but it's geting better and I'm seeking help somewhat
  10. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

but i keep running away from the pain

STop running okay get in and get some therapy to help deal with the pain
    grief therapy for one It helps to have professional guidance as they do take your through a process that help you heal okay please reach out and get that help hugs