My Dad.

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Godsdrummer, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Passed away Friday evening. I dont even know what to do.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

hugs be around people who love you get some therapy when ready to help you through this very tuff time reach out okay don't be alone :console::console:
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Bill...
    violet has good advice...
    know we are here for you
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry for your loss Bill. I understand the feelings of not knowing what to do. Things will start to fall in to place as you do whatever is necessary for the immediate future and then you begin to do things out of habit as they were routine. Try not to be alone much as you need the support of friends and family and they in turn need yours. The grieving process will begin and your emotions will be all over the place. Realize that this is normal. Allow yourself time. We are here as much or as little as you need us to be. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:
  5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Just lost mine as well, for 48 hours I was running on pure instinct because my brain went completely numb.
    Do what you absolutely have to and ignore anything else, the feeling of unreality takes a while to fade and then of course the grief really hits, so talk about it when ready, cry a lot and generally be kind to yourself. :hug:

pm me if you want to have a rant, cry or just talk.
  6. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss
  7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

That is so sad...please keep in touch and let us know how we can be there to support condolences...J
  8. cathyr

cathyr Member & Antiquities Friend

I am so sorry for your loss. Sending huggs.
  9. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I'm sorry for you loss, Bill. I'm here if you need to talk...