My day at the hospital! *mildly triggering

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Casey., Apr 7, 2008.

1. Casey.

Casey. Well-Known Member

Hi guys.
    I just need a quick explanation of my day
    At 10:30 in the morning, i have my first art class of the day with the kids (the teenagers, 14 and up, there were 6 kids this morning). We are working on a 3D model of something that matters to them (this was not my choice, the "curriculum" has been set for me) Anyway, so they are making these things out of styrafoam board, and they needed a way to cut it. I suggested we used pumpkin carving knives (the not-sharp-at-all-ones that you get for little kids, however, they can still cut through things if you are determined enough) So that is what they are working with. The kids are allowed to bring their projects into their rooms, but not the knives (obviously). This kid, he is 17, took his knife and shoved it into the styrafoam, between the paper. So, when i counted the knives, i came up one short. He had been acting weird all day, fidgeting with things, so i asked him if he had any idea what happened to it. He replied with a quick "no". This is when i saw the knife, wedged in his project. I leaned over to snatch his styrafoam, but he elbowed me in the stomach (it hurt), so then, as i was calling for a nurse and some MHW's, he took the knife out, and shoved it in my face :( . I tried to take it from his hand, but he punched me in the mouth. This is when i twisted his arm around and pulled a little bit of a flip on him (where you take someones arm and flip them around so they are on the ground). It sounds like it was tons of fun, but it was seriously one of the scariest things of my life. I am so incredibly lucky that i came out with just a split lip and a hurting tummy. Anyway, i have decided not to press charges, however, he is going to the youth detention center reguardless, deemed as an "imminent danger to others". After dealing with the police, the nurses, the doctors, and writing all of my paperwork, I went into the main hospital just for a few minutes, just so they could look at my lip (it wasnt bad at all, it is precaution, that whenever any of the staff get hurt, we go to the hosp. immediately.)I feel bad, but i am glad that i will not have to see him again. After this ordeal was all over, it was after six o clock. I just barely got home.
    Long day!

just thought that i would let you all in on teh action at the hospital!

2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Does NOT sound like a fun day!:dry: