My dear friend =(

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by xXWhateverItTakesXx, Oct 25, 2007.

1. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

Just over a year now, since one of my closest friends committed suicide. Leading up to it, he told me he was depressed and unhappy, but we talked and he seemed ok. Then one night, he got really unhappy again and so I calmed him down a bit and talked to him. In the end I had to go, and as far as I know I was the last person to talk to him.

I found out the next day he has committed suicide and his funeral was in a week. It just hit me, was I to blame? I have always felt guilty about it. I remember reading his profile on a forum he joined and his location said "Six feet under" and all I could do was cry. I need to get this off my chest, as another close mate is talking in the same way and if I lose him I won't be able to carry on

:cry: :cry:
  2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Firstly I am sorry for your loss :hug:

Please don't feel guilty about what your friend did...there was nothing you could have done. :hug: :hug:
  3. emma-louise

emma-louise Guest

it wasnt your fault honey. you could have changed what happened, when a person wants to kill thierself, to be honest i dont think anyone can change thier mind.

here if you need me