My dream is pointless. Just like my entire life.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GameADDict, Sep 4, 2016.

1. GameADDict

GameADDict Aspiring psychologist

Hey everyone,

I aspired to become a psychologist. However, it's pointless to even try. I'll never be able to get a PhD. I'm not intelligent enough. I only have an above average IQ. I don't know the exact number but from what I've heard above average is 100-115. And I need at least a 120 to get a PhD. So like everything else, my dream is stupid. I also wanted to make a significant contribution to psychology, but that's even more silly.

I don't know if I should blame my ADHD, my two month prematurity, or myself. Probably all three. I just wish I could kill myself. But I can't even succeed in doing that. Damn.
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

You won't know until you try.
  3. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Wow now, your aspirations are not pointless. You don't need an above average IQ. Who fed you that line? All you need to do is put in the study time to achieve your goals. And I suspect that your own mental health issues would make you a psychologist who is a cut above the others. I really don't think any of the shrinks I saw understood what I was going through. Because they had never experienced it. You have. That should make you much better at the job. And may just let you make that significant contribution you want to make. Just remember, desire is a lot more important then IQ.
    Deety likes this.