My drums are gone

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Ihatemyselfalot, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Ihatemyselfalot

Ihatemyselfalot Banned Member

This is loved and lost right?
    I haven't lost a person but I have lost the one thing I really loved in life.

About 7-8 months ago I sold all my vinyl records and made some sweet cash from it and decided to treat myself to the one thing I always wanted --- a drum kit.
    I got a really sweet Yamaha DTXplorer electric kit second hand, and I have had to sell it to try and make end meet.

I was never constantly on it, and I wasn't planning on becoming a rock star, but it was excellent and I loved having it, and in the peak of my depression it was the one thing that made me really happy to have, so it has a lot of sentimental value to me.

I am going into the military soon, so I guess I can't take it with me anyway, but it would be nice to have held on to it because it meant that much to me I guess.
    I could have asked my folks to take it until I can afford a storage place for it or something, but I have bills to pay and food to buy so I guess I can't, I need to get the money.

They have gone to a good place.
    But it just kinda sucks that the one thing that I loved in life has to be sold.
  2. stig

stig Well-Known Member

It's hard i know. i recently sold my motorbike that i've had for years just to pay the bills. The way i look at it though is that once i'm back on my feet i can get another one. look at the positive in this. yes your drums have gone and it sucks big time, but you are joining the military, the pay is good and whilst you are away you can't spend it. on you first bit of leave go shopping for a new kit. hopefully ny then you will have sorted out somewhere to put them too.
  3. Ihatemyselfalot

Yeah, thanks man.

I'm trying to stay positive about it ya know.

But once I am done with the rangers I can get a decent kit.

Best of luck with getting a new bike man.
  4. stig

stig Well-Known Member

you joining the rangers? way to go. I bet their pay is awesome. I feel a huge drum kit is on the way. take care of yourself and stay safe.
  5. Ihatemyselfalot

Yeah, I can't wait to get in.

I don't think the pay is too great for some of the lower ranks, but I'm aiming for at least corporal by time I decide to leave which should get me a nice Mapex kit or something.

So what kind of bike did you have? Harley?
    I always wanted to get a chopper with ridiculously high handle bars.
  6. stig

stig Well-Known Member

nah, i had a sports bike. a suzuki rg500. 4 cylinder 2 stroke. absolutely awesome machine. very rare now. doubt i'll ever find another one. i'll probably get a buell next. cash permitting. how long will you serve?