My ex and sex

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Pad, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

Thinking about sex, makes me almost sick. When my ex talks to me about sex (we are still friends) I feel like throwing myself under the nearest car. I wish I could move on but I cant. I tried and tried but im stuck here like this, forever feeling the horrible emotions that pull at my sanity. I had a dream that she was having sex with some other guy right in front of me. In my dream it was another of her exes, and they had only just met again after years. This killed me, I woke feeling the lowest I have since I attepmted. I want to be able to move on, I cant go through this my whole life. How do you do it? Im really losing my mind here
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

From experience...
    being friends with an ex that you still have feelings for is never a good idea. I can't say that I'm perfect, as I'm still friends with an ex I'm still in love with. It kills me. I KNOW I'm torturing myself. If you REALLY want to get past this... I would stop being friends with her... stop talking to her altogether, and find someone else that you can talk to and be close with. Be it a friend, another person you're interested, your family, or whoevever you can talk with. Maybe it's just us that you talk with. WHOEVER. Doesn't matter. Being friends with an ex you still have feelings for will kill you. It's killing me, and if I had any sense in me I'd end the friendship immediately. It's been over a year as well since we broke up.
    Broken hearts aren't always easy to mend :hug:
  3. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

I agree that putting distance in the relationship right now would be best. It doesn't mean you can't be friends down the road. But giving each other space and maybe cutting communication for awhile will allow you to move on and get used to being without your ex. Make new friends. Once feelings have healed, you may be able to re-establish a friendship.

I have two ex's who I wasn't friends with for months/years after after the break up. Just this year I became good friends again with the boy I dated years ago. I had been devastated from the breakup and it literally took me years to fully get over him. But now things are great. I owe that to the distance we put between each other.