My Family Do Not Care

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by malacoba, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malacoba

malacoba Active Member

I H ave Just Been Informed By closed Family Yo Keep My Problems TO my self

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

if they do not want to listen, we are here...please let us know how you are doing and how we can support you...big hugs, J

3. aki

aki Well-Known Member

That's really hurtful :hug: is there anyone else you could talk to? Remember that your family are in the wrong here, if you're feeling really down you should be able to get help.

4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

This is obviously a shock for you but in time you will learn that just become a person is family to you, that doesn't mean there obligated to support and be there for you.
    Besides you have people on this forum who are willing to help you and listen to you.

5. Pensive

Pensive Well-Known Member

My family did the exact same thing to me and I just learned to do things your own way, don't give them a minutes thought about your problems as they will not do the same for you (at least thats how it is in my case). if they don't want to know, find someone who does, either here or at your doctor.

Oh and chin up :)

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hi Malacoba,
    I have to agree with the others. If your family won't stand beside you then you need to seek help elsewhere. You can check with your local hospital and find out who's a good therapist. Don't be afraid to see one because they are under the same rules as a doctor they can't share information without your concent. So see if you can't find a therapist to talk things over with.
    You also are welcome to use the forum as much as you need to. You will find everyone here to be very supportive. We will listen to you and offer you advice. Don't be afraid to open up. No one here knows you so you are safe to talk to us. The more you share with us the better we can offer advice and support. Keep your head high, you have nothing to be ashamed of. If you need to talk to one of us then drop a PM...Stay Safe...:chopper:

7. ZundertowZ

ZundertowZ Well-Known Member

my family is the same way...i only have a mother and father and they actually are a huge negative in my life! all of the people in my life, our who were in my life were concered about themselves and only themselves!

8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I am so sorry. I agree with the other posts that is really hurtful. My family nor any of my friends understands what I'm going through, and basically my family doesn't appreciate me sharing anything with them. I think they'd rather me not talk at all unless I'm saying I'm going to college, I have a great job, my life is the American Dream. That would make my dad happy I think. fuck i just went way into my own bullshit here sorry :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.