My family is starting to catch on

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by datto, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datto

datto Member

I dont' know how it is for most people, but when i'm asked if i'm feeling ok, i say i am.... why would i make them worry? But of course, they worry more, and I just want to be left alone....

I don't go to school any more, and I have nothing to look forward to.... No motivation... No contact with my friends for weeks and no sign that they care.... I just drink and sleep now.... maybe I won't wake up.

If i see a doctor, are there drugs that make you more motivated? I only see people motivated by money..... But i don't want money

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Dont know that they make you more motivated. But they do fight the things that are holding you back. So yes, please go to your doc and tell him/her exactly what is going on with you. Let them know how you are sliding downward. Maybe even, before the visit, you could consider therapy or counselling. Then you could also ask if there is any available to you. Hun you're in a slump but there is tons of resources still available to you. Dont give up yet okay. And you always have here to get a pick-me-up when you need it.

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm glad you posted here. I highly recommend seeing a doctor and a therapist. It may take time finding the right meds for you, but once you do, it will make a very big difference.

Will your family be supportive if you tell them? If so, please tell them. If you can't explain it, tell them. Also, tell them there are good websites with information for family members.

Please keep posting here. We will listen and we can give you tips about what can be done.

:hug:

4. planechaser

planechaser Well-Known Member

there are meds that can help..but you have to do the work too..meds are just a backup and help to stabalize moods..give it a shot

5. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

You seem to be really in need of something to push you back up. Lying down and doing nothing to go back up is never a good thing. Go see a therapist for read, it might not be too late to push your life back up, but chances decrease as you do nothing to grab them. Believe in yourself and your worthiness to live, you deserve to be happy my friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.