My family ruined my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kassy

I am seeing a psychiatrist who tries to help me dealing with all the traumas my family had caused to me when I was younger. It sill affects my life and I am 37.

At least, it explained why I wanted to die for the last 20 years.

Now, after 1 year of treatment with high medication, he told me he is going in vacation. All right, I understand, but what about me ? I am not in a good shape enough to live without counselling for 2 months.

I have been crying pretty much the whole weekend, because on top of that, my husband drives me nut.

Fed up of my life.

This might not help, but crying sometimes makes me feel better. Or screaming into a pillow. Have you talked to your psychiatrist about how you feel about him going on vacation?

LoveBeing

Hi Kassy,

Maybe your psychiatrist can refer you to another psychiatrist for this 2 months?

I see what you mean about childhood traumas. It took me many many years to get over similar experiences… It’s all in the past now, finally! I hope you can let the past be the past soon, too…

About your husband, maybe you can ask him to be a little more considerate if he’s not aware that he’s driving you nuts?

Wish you well…

Constantinos

I am seeing a psychiatrist who tries to help me dealing with all the traumas my family had caused to me when I was younger. It sill affects my life and I am 37.

At least, it explained why I wanted to die for the last 20 years.

Now, after 1 year of treatment with high medication, he told me he is going in vacation. All right, I understand, but what about me ? I am not in a good shape enough to live without counselling for 2 months.

I have been crying pretty much the whole weekend, because on top of that, my husband drives me nut.

Fed up of my life.
Hello Kassy,

I understand what this means not having someone to talk for 2 months, here are some suggestions:

1) Tell him/her to refer you temporarily to another psychiatrist
2) Ask him/her if you can have Skype meetings while he/she is on vacation
3) Ensure you have a way of communication while he/she is on vacation

Crying is good, crying allows you to express your feelings so just let yourself cry as much as you feel you want to cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00