My Family

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by NoGood, Dec 7, 2009.

1. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Firstly....... why is this positive thread at the bottom of the forum??? It gets missed sometimes.

Anyway, this thread is dedicated to my AMAZING family.

I am so so lucky and proud and honoured to have the family I do. (im tearing up just typing this).

As some of you know, Im travelling the world at the moment so I am away from home. I miss home alot!!! But there are things in life that you gotta do and I think travel is one of those things. I talk to my family, I skype and text and phone home. We are in touch alot :)

Since Ive started travelling, Ive gotten very down and depressed, I could only land a part time job so im at home alone alot, hence being a regular here (im so thankful for this site and the people on it). My family know that I get homesick and get sad and down but they dont know to what extent cause I dont want to worry them, I dont think I will kill myself even when times get really tough and I think about how much I would love to.

Im getting off the point sorry :)

So my family know that im sad. And im broke at the moment since all my hard earned money went into the car I bought which was stolen and not covered by insurance....bye bye $20,000. My family supported me so much during that time.

With Christmas coming, I am going to a friends house so I decided not to decorate my house with Christmas cheer as I felt a) i couldnt afford it and b) its not Christmas when im not with family and all that goes along with it.

HERE IS THE GOOD PART OF THE STORY INCASE YOU WANNA SKIP THE ABOVE RAMBLING!!!!

I got home from work to find a notice on my door to say I had a package at the post office. I drove to the post office in a semi-downer. The girl at the post office went round the back of the counter to get my 'package' and came out with a HUGE box!!!! I laughed.

I got home and I opened the box and I started to cry (tearing up AGAIN just typing), insude the box all wrapped up, sat loads of presents! and under the presents sat, a mini christmas tree, with mini bobble decorations and mini fairy lights, a big santa stocking and a little angle to set on top of the tree.

My family are the kindest, most generous people I know and they are not afraid to let me know how much they care for me. They are so loving. The box must have cost a fortune to send over. They always seem to come around out of the blue when I need them.

I love them so so so much.

My avator shows the contents of the box :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2009
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Awww!!!! :) That's so sweet. Your family sounds amazing!!!! :hug: Haha, did you open the presents?

3. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

haha No, ill save them or at least try to save them for closer to Christmas. I might open them on Skype actually with them :)

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Oooh, that's a good idea. That way, they can sort of share it with you. But omg! you're more patient than I am. I don't think I could wait very long if it was me!

5. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Yea I think its a good idea. When we skype they put the laptop on a chair in the sitting room and its as if im sitting there with everyone haha.

6. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

Damn you are so lucky! I'm jealous! :) It's so good that you have such a loving family and that you appreciate them so much, good on you :)

7. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Yea, I am very lucky, I know I am. Ive alot to live for which makes me even sadder that I dont wanna live. But I couldnt hurt them or make them suffer so i suppose ill just have to suffer on.

They are amazing people.

Im flat broke at the moment, Ive managed to get them all some lil small gift but my Daddy is the hardest person to shop for so ive decided to write him a 'Dear Daddy' letter and tell him how much I love him and appreciate him, he is a big softie so I know he will love it.

8. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Aww, I'm glad you have such an amazing family.. and that you appreciate them. That tree is super cute~!

Sounds like your family are the kind of people that don't care for the size of a gift, but rather the thought that was put into it.

This thread really make me smile, haha. And you're right about the " Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages" section of the forum being too low! :p
    :hugtackles:

9. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I love my room, this post is dedicated to my room...

10. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

That's really amazing! It's a shame you can't be with them on christmas, but they've certainly not forgotten about you XP
    The Skype idea sounds really good, you should definately go through with that.
    I'm happy you have such a wonderful family :smile: