My Fear of Death

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ansdr, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ansdr

ansdr Well-Known Member

Lately ive just have had this terrible fear of dying. I feel like its controlling my life. Whats the point of living happily and having people i care for if one day i wont remember all this stuff. I think the fear is more based on my memories vanishing. Im not sure on how im going to overcome it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2007
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

You will be dead, you won't know any different. I don't know why people fear death. What I fear is the actualy 'dying' process. It's not like you die, then get shipped off to some place where you will freak out because you have no memories. Well I guess it depends how you see the afterlife, if thats what we shall call it. But we all die, and I'm sure there is nothing to fear, or nothing about 'memoreis' anyway..

3. ithuriel

ithuriel Well-Known Member

in a way you are lucky , i have stopped having any fear of leaving this world , even if there is nothing beyond.
    fear is a good thing , it helps to stop you from doing something silly.
    the only thing that has been stopping me was not to hurt my friends and family and the angel on my shoulder that keeps whispering to me , " see what tomorrow brings , " even if i do not listen at times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.