my first date help

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Robbie 121, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robbie 121

Robbie 121 Active Member

ok well im goin next weekend to the movies with a girl on our first date

she likes funny movies and scary movies, but my delema is that i dont no of any good movies out that we should watch, i wanted to go to Disturbia but she already saw it 3 times, i dont no, i want a scary one so she can hold me when shes scared but if i cant find a scary one then im gonna have to go for comedy but i dont no what one

can someone suggest a scary or funny movie?

also p.s. it has to be pg-13
  2. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

I would start by checking the movie listings in your area.. just do a google + city name+movies
  3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Has she seen "Blades of Glory"? That's a comedy. Also the 3rd Shrek is coming out. I don't know about any scary ones, though. Good luck :)
  4. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Maybe 28 Weeks later as a scary movie?
    Delta Farce as a comedy movie?
  5. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

If you're in the UK, try Hot Fuzz as a comedy :)

Great stuff :D

I had great fun when I saw it there with my girlfriend :)
  6. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

I was replying and it disappeared :dry:

I was surprised to see from here that Hot Fuzz is still playing (I looked at your introductory post - they didn't make me a mod for having a pretty face you know!...good job or else they wouldn't have at all :tongue: ) anyway. So I just picked Ann Arbor at random because I've heard of it and it sounds pretty.

So, yeah, Hot Fuzz is very funny, but it's actually really gory for a comedy :laugh: You'd never look at secateurs in the same way again, for example. That poor old woman :(

Anyway :tongue: there is also Blades of Glory, which is supposed to be very funny, and I'd imagine a whole lot less gory.
    On the other hand there's also Fracture, which sounds really good. You know, it's a thriller, with Anthony Hopkins and the guy from The Notebook? "I killed my wife. Prove it." I think it sounds great :biggrin: And the new Spider Man film...

You know what? Since you know what she likes and there are a few choices, I think you should go for what YOU like. I mean if it was something she didn't like, that wouldn't be good :tongue: But maybe don't choose yet, just pick a time to meet up that is before the start of a couple of them - as long as they're not like hours apart - that's what I usually do :) That way you don't need to worry too much about it and you can actually choose together! But if she says "I don't mind, you choose" then it's up to you to get it right ;)

(sorry :tongue: )
  7. beautifuloblivion

beautifuloblivion Well-Known Member

I'm not in the UK, but I saw Hot Fuzz and it was indeed great stuff. :laugh:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.