My First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I have never made a post before but i've been a member since last December. I think I am making my first post now because I tend to internalize anything I feel badly about. And right now I feel like I am having a nervous breakdown. I can't sit still. It's like I want to run away from something but I don't know what. I haven't told anyone this. My friends and family have asked what's wrong and I just tell them "Oh, nothing." The sense of Isolation is becoming overwhelming. I have thought about suicide on countless occasions but this is just one of those times when it feels so strong and I didn't have anywhere else to turn. Anyway, I had to get that out. Thanks to anyone that has taken the time to read this. I would appreciate any post in this thread, just to know someone cares.

Best,
Sutro

B

Blackness

I care. And you may add me to msn/pm me to help ease the feeling of isolation if you like :)

good on you for posting this. and when things get really bad many of us think of suicide even more, but it isnt always the only options. Keep talking to us :hug:

i care and emphasise, ur msg was a closer insight into my mind than any words i could have written, i was at the point that i couldnt even look into peoples eyes... and i felt so isolated.. completely incapable of making friends with out a struggle and feeling ockward.. and i came very close to suicide on several accounts.. thoughts of how to die fast and painlessly. i didnt care how my family felt or the aftermath. My realisation was the day i actually planned to kill myself, my mom went to go to work and i had the house to myself. i watchd her car leave the park and sat on the stairs terified of what i was about to do, (suicide seems so easy when ur thinking about doing it) and then she walked back in.. "just me, forgot ur grannys birthday card", and i fell apart, cryed, and told her everything. My advice is to tell someone as soon as possible, one of ur family members u know u can really trust. then it simply having that person to edge u on and support u through the healing process.. good luck, and anytime u feel shit im here, cause ive been there:smile::smile:

I am glad you finally became comfortable enough to post on the forum. The first post seems to be the hardest and you did a wonderful job. Thanks so much for sharing a little about yourself. With depression comes the need to isolate and even pull away from the ones that care. i know how difficult it can be to externalize those feelings. i am glad you were able to here. Maybe the next step is to tell someone you know in real life. Your family cares about you and would not wish to see you hurting. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. Please take care and stay safe. :hug:

Lead Savior

I care.

I know the isolation you feel. Even as I type this, I sit in a room surrounded by friends whom I haven't told, whom I cannot tell. Reaching out to those dear to you is very difficult, thankfully there are middle-of-the-road options like forums to make things easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00