my friend fell off the roof...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Passion, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Passion

Passion Well-Known Member

for the 4th of july, all of my friends decided to go ontop of this schools roof and drink...everyone drank A LOT...3 people threw up...
    my friend john drank the most, he was messed up really bad. and then his dad called and said he was picking him up right then so everyone helped him up and were trying to help him get off the roof, he fell through this gap in the building.
    everyone fell silent for about 5 minutes, we all looked at eachother like, "what are we supposed to do?" and we thought he was dead, our other friend then went down there and john was ok. but it was one of the scariest moments of my life.
    what if he would have died?

hello, my name is Passion, and I am an alcoholic. drinking is my daily life, and it all started with my personality disorder.
    I have multiple personality disorder, I "merged together " for a good 4 months but i think i may be becoming separate again, i had a black out the other day for the first time in 4 months. one of my "personalities" was an alcoholic, alex, and when we merged together I had these cravings for alcohol, my body was addicted to it. I still dont understand how my body could have been addicted to alcohol, and only alex felt the cravings. but now i cant stop drinking, i can go a day, or two. but thats pretty much the longest i go. and its not even just a little drink everyday, its getting drunk.
    I really am thinking this is a big problem.

2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I too am an alcoholic and I find a lot of support in AA. Have you ever gone to an AA meeting? If not you may want to give it a try.

Are you seeing a doctor or any sort for your personality disorder? Are you on any medication for it? I urge you to see a doctor if you want to stop drinking. If you've been drinking a lot or for a long time medical supervision would be a good idea to detox safely.

Please let me know how you are doing. I am struggling with alcohol addiction myself so I understand it very well.

love, least:hug:

3. Passion

Passion Well-Known Member

I haven't gone to AA yet but i think im going to look into it.. I go to a psychiatrist, but not a psychologist. I am prescribed anti-depresants that help a little but there isnt specific meds for multiple personality.
    this is the first time I have finally admitted I have an alcohol problem.

4. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

Then you've already taken the first step, either with or without aa. Now the question is where are you going to go with it?
    Its huge that you've admitted it, way to go.
    kD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.