My friend is fed up of her life...

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Lostpath, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lostpath

Lostpath Member

My friend tells me over and over again that she is fed up of her life over and over again. In fact, she is obese and she suffers from an inferiority complex because of that and she barely steps out of her house and if she does, it is only when she has to go to high university and there no one talk with her:mad: and she has only me as friend.

She wants to have recourse to a major liposuction so that she can lose weight because she tells me that by only doing exercise and diet she won’t be able to achieve what she wants. I don’t know what to advise her, whether to go for it or not. I searched for information on liposuction on and and it seems that
    However, what makes me scared is that it is said that:
    What should I do, she told me that if she doesn’t lose weight, she let her die…I don’t want this to happen and I think that I’ll encourage her to go for the surgery…am I doing the right thing? Or should I advise her to go to a counselor??:huh:
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

she should talk to a counsellor definitely!
    Lipo is VERY expensive and once its done it's takes a while to operate, and leaves scars.

Once you have lipo it doesnt mean you can continure to eat and do whatever you want. You have to adjust your whole lifestyle. It's a major operation and a life long commitment.
  3. Lostpath

Lostpath Member

Hii again blackness, thanks for your reply, I have since long thought about taking her to a counsellor, but how do I do it? How do I talk about this to her?:unsure:I am not sure what to do???what do you suggest me to do???:sad:
  4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

5. Mr Wiggs

Mr Wiggs Member

How big is she; do you have any pics?
  6. chasing_dreams

chasing_dreams Well-Known Member

I don't think it's appropriate to ask for pictures of her ...she's obviously unhappy with her weight and having trouble losing weight - that's all we need to know isn't it? :unsure:

As well as seeing a counsellor, has she talked to a doctor about other options for weight loss, and the reasons why she can't seem to lose weight any other way? They'll be able to give her some good advice on what approaches she should maybe be trying first, and warn her about the dangers of having surgery like this - as well as preparing her for any lifestyle changes she would need afterwards.
  7. Lostpath

Lostpath Member

Thanks Sam:smile:

yeah you are right...:unsure:

Yes, she went to a doctor who put her on diet but she hasn't loss much weight...she can't stop eating...
  8. chasing_dreams

chasing_dreams Well-Known Member

Sounds like she might benefit from seeing a counsellor to find out why she can't stop eating then - I don't think she should even consider liposuction right now (not that I'm qualified in any way to advise anyone on that, but if she's still intent on going ahead with it, I think a doctor might say the same), as that's not going to change how she eats, and afterwards she would have to change her whole lifestyle, including eating habits. There are less risky surgery options like having a gastric band fitted, but that still comes with serious risks.

Have you suggested that she talks to a counsellor? Or talked to someone yourself for advice?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.