My Friend!!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Stranger1, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I recently found a friend who I thought wasn't around any more.. I talked to this friend and told her I would never let her down or hurt her. I wanted to get to know her better as a friend.. She contacted me the other night and wanted to talk.. I had a very buisey day helping others..And at the end of the day this friend reached out to me and I wasn't prepared for what came..I feel that I pushed her away and that now she doesn't trust me anymore..
    I am really down on myself because of this and want to make things right, but I feel I am loosing the battle with my feelings.. I would no way in hell hurt anyone intentionally..It's not in my nature..I can't help feeling I let her down and that now she doesn't trust me anymore. This really pains me because I care about her very much.. I just don't know what to do to make this all work itself out..I have no friends in real life so all the friends I have here mean so much to me..I cherish those friendships with all my heart..If she should read this all I want to say is I am Truly sorry for failing you!!!

2. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Joseph, how many times have you told me that nobody can be there for everybody all the time? This applies to you also :yes:
    I know this probably doesn't help much but, I'm sure she will understand that you were burned out at the time. Everybody here knows you Joseph, we all know you would never deliberately hurt anyone. Please don't blame yourself, I'm sure she will understand.

Many :hug: s to you, you truly are a star!

Lea :console:

3. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Joseph

If she is a friend, I would hope she would understand that you yourself need understanding. Afterall, friends are there for each other through the rough patches as well as the better times too! I'm here for you always, Joseph.

:hug:
    Karren

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009
  4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Joseph anyone who has the honor of having you there for them knows that you have only their best interest at heart. You are such a sincere and gentle hearted soul. And you continually stretch yourself to the limit for others here. I think if you may be beating yourself up over nothing. But if I'm wrong then this friend really doesnt understand you at all nor you the friend. I hope it all works out and that you can rest easy once it is all straightened out. Please dont worry yourself so much over this hun. And by the way SF is my real life cuz I cant stand the "real" real life so guess what? You do have atleast one friend in the real life (lol).

5. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

joseph

you are an incredible friend, warm hearted and very caring which is why we love your friendship so much.
    but we know that sometimes it can get too much and it can feel like burn out for you, you try so hard even when your not feeling on top of things yourself.
    maybe you need to contact your friend and let her into your confidence a bit and explain things so she can understand you as we do, she reached out for you so she trusts you and you havent done anything to destroy that, she will understand my friend.

6. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hi Joseph,

Anyone who knows you, will know how much you care about others. I'm sure your friend will understand this too.

We all have our reasons for being here & sometimes I think we can become so focused on helping others we tend to forget ourselves sometimes. Let your friends support you Joseph, like you have supported all of us.

I hope your friend is ok & I'm positive she will realise that although you weren't in the best frame of mind to help her it does not take away the fact that you still care for her.

Claire xx

7. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Seriously Joeseph,

You're sweet enough to give anybody diabetes in an introductory meeting :) You're a good, caring guy who does too much too often. You may feel that you weren't ready to help your friend, but I wouldn't be surprised if she came away with a completely different perspective.

Why not just write/call/text her and start up the conversation again?

Jame.s

8. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

my joseph..... if this friend really knows YOU. . . then she knows you did not fail her. and, , , you did not fail her. we all have times when we can't take anymore, we need a rest. you are unfailing as a friend. . . truly. you are one of my best friends, and that counts for real life too.

from my '''honesty rules'''' point of view. . i suggest you contact your friend in the form you can most easily express yourself. and make very clear your feelings just how you expressed them here. and then give your friend time to process it.

now. stop beating yourself up, and start being nice to yourself because you are a wonderful person. or i'll come over there!! (((mini-threat))) :cheekkiss

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Joseph, there are times when our emotions are completely spent and when this happens you are unable to offer support no matter how much you would like to. I am sure your friend would not wish you to risk your own well being. They know you would be there for them if it was possible for you to do so. We have all been in that position and as hard as it may be, the best thing for all involved is for you to step back and catch your breath. Talk to your friend about how you were feeling and how you feel now. I would understand and I think they will as well. :hug:

10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Thank you everyone, we have talked and she assures me that we are still good..I was very emotional about it when I posted this thread. I guess I spread myself thin and didn't realise just how tired I was..Thanks Again!!