My friends keep dying

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by mishela, Oct 10, 2011.

1. mishela

mishela Member

I am so angry with God. He keeps taking my friends. Three years ago, a good friend of mine passed away from breast cancer in her early 40's. Two years ago, another one of my super close friends died suddenly and dramatically from Valley Fever at age 30, and a month ago, a friend of mine died from breast cancer just two weeks after delivering her son at age 37. Why can't God take me instead? They all wanted desperately to live and I want desperately to's so unfair!
  2. Bluebutterfly

Bluebutterfly Member

Sorry to hear of your sad losses.

I hope your find some comfort on here.

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear about your friends as well. One of my friends was killed in a car accident a few years ago. It's not something easy to understand.
  4. Moorefam11

Moorefam11 New Member

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt YOU in due time; while YOU throw all YOUR anxiety upon him, because he cares for YOU."
    (1 Peter 5:6,7)

God cares about you, don't be mad at him. He may not miraculously stop things from happening but he certainly doesn't cause them. I Hope you find comfort in knowing that God really does love and care you.
  5. Mandy1

Mandy1 Antiquities Friend & Senior Member

So sorry for your loss,grief can be devastating,try finding a outlet,like here too talk through it,it helps me.Take care. xxx.
  6. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Quoting scripture will not bring her friends back. Please leave the religious discussion for the Soap Box. Thank you!

I am so sorry for your loss btw, mishela.
  7. Caprese

Caprese New Member

You mention that one of your friends left a young son, who will never get to know his mother. How can you so desperately want to die when you carry with you a most precious gift--the memory of your friend, which her son may never be acquainted with?
    They were your friends, but also mothers, daughters, sisters, in-laws, and someone in that circle may never have gotten to know them. Perhaps you knew them the best. If you are gone, you take the memories of your friends with you...

I don't pretend to understand death, but I do think that at the very bottom of it all, nothing in life is meaningless.

8. Sais

Sais Well-Known Member

One of my friend died a few months ago too, the best human being I ever met.
    age 22. I promised myself to tell everyone about him, so that he can never die, at least in this way. I like to think he finished his work here, around the people he knew. He left only light behind.
    Hang in there. They are all still with you, at least that's how I feel in my case :)
  9. lycoris

lycoris Well-Known Member

A year ago today my friend died alone in his bedroom. He took his own life after 22 years of pain and suffering caused by those who should havbeen keeping him safe.

Im so sorry for your losses, nothing them back but your memories can live on