My Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Zurkhardo, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

As many of you know, I was a lonely person for some time, probably since I first joined the site years ago. I hadn't been in a relationship for some time, and had utterly lost hope of ever finding anyone (predictable, I know).

Suddenly, I came across the right girl, out of nowhere, from of all things, a dating site (okcupid). I had encountered hits and misses there in the past, but kept pressing on anyway, following the typical 'plenty of fish' mantra. My cynicism and apathy towards every finding someone actually paid off, as I essentially had nothing to lose with just jumping towards anyone that looked remotely suitable.

Since October, when I first proposed we meet (she was a local girl, even a student at my university), we've been dating. We were official barely a month in. Our interests, personalities, views, and lifestyles are remarkably alike, while also being different enough to spark continued interest (she's more artistic, as a musician, and I'm more scholarly and bookish). Thus far we've never fought or had a disagreement, and our relationship is quintessential. She didn't seem like my fantasy girl at first (we all come up with one, especially as we get lonelier), but she didn't have to be. I learned to get over that inevitably flawed desire, as it could never be met.

I know she's not perfect, and that it's only been 3 months in, but I can't help but not care. I've learned to just take things as we go, given our youth, and to go with the flow of things (she's the same way in that regard too). We don't sweat the small stuff and just resign to be with one another one day at a time. It's worked great so far, and I'm very confident about the future.

Thank you all for supporting me all these years. Many of you always told me this day would come, and you were graciously right. As cliche as it is to say, never give up. After nearly 4 years, I finally had someone. If you really put yourself out there, and remain realistic about your 'ideal' girl, you'll find someone. Take that as you will :)
  2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Thanks for the update Romney...I was wondering what happened! Glad to hear it's all worked out for you....knew it would!

Take care!

3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

please treat her kindly, okay?
    For all of us girls who've been let down by men.

Thanks for sharing <3
    This gives me a bit of hope as well.
  4. Zurkhardo

Thank you Shades, you've always been supportive and I truly appreciate it.

And I will Vanessa, she'll get nothing but love from me :)
  5. orangejulius

orangejulius Well-Known Member

This post made me feel even more warm and happy inside... Your story remind me of myself in a way. Seriously, the one thing that keeps me happy is a girl; Even if she's just a friend. For some guys, women are the source of happiness. I know I'm one of them... It sounds like we share that in common.

Thank you for sharing! I'm so happy for you friend! :hug:
  6. Zurkhardo

Glad to hear :) It's my pleasure! :D
  7. isd

isd Well-Known Member

hey romney, congratulations i hope it works out for you.

i was thinking of using one of those sites
  8. Zurkhardo

Thank's Isd :)

I recommend it. I was skeptical at first, but it really worked and it certainly doesn't hurt to try (it's free).
  9. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

Heh, I really like your story. Very encouraging :)