My god I just failed 2 class I want to off myself tonight

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Omen, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omen

Omen New Member

My college (CUNYCSI) has a rule that if you absent class for 2 times, you automatically fail that class whatever how good you did in it. So long story short I failed 2 class just doing that I can't imagine going home tonight and telling them that I wasted 1k failing the class, they are going to get so upset. I seriously want to considering disposing of myself damn

2. Angel_Dawn

Angel_Dawn Well-Known Member

What the hell kind of rule is that anyways??! I think the school should reevaluate their policies! Good Luck to you hun, if u wanna chat pm me.

Dawn

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I almost failed out of my first two yrs at college, and I am quite successful today...tell your folks the truth about the absentee rule and go to the ombudsman and see if any waiver can be granted...best of luck, J

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Howdoes that affect your overall grade, or am Imissing smething?

5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Just tell your folks the truth, maybe something can be sorted.

6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i failed my first year of uni... had to go back on academic probation and never looked back. it was fine. my parents were upset and me, i wasn't too upset 'cos i'd been planning on killing myself.. that was, oh, 20+ years ago. those first year grades never made a difference. i got into the grad program i wanted, on full scholarship. everyone messes up sometimes... i think you are being hardest on yourself. i hope you can forgive yourself and that your parents aren't too mad. let us know how the conversation goes?

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Show your parents the policy and explain that you missed those days. Perhaps if the days were missed with good reason you could get a waiver. The policy sounds a bit harsh to me. An illness or death in the family could cause you to miss time beyond that. Anyway, look into it. The worst that can happen is that you are in the same position you are in now.

8. saeyoon Chung

saeyoon Chung Well-Known Member

The rules can't be bent but being genuine and asking for compassion works sometimes.

Talk to your professor and the people in 'higher office' and plead your case..
    if you're honest about everything, they'll let it slide. You've got a good chance.

I blew almost 3k over the course of 2 years of university, I'm not going to go into details but.. I failed much.. much worse than you, I hate myself for it but I'm still holding on.

9. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Don't let school get you down. You'll let the school win. Talk to someone about this. Maybe you can get a lawyer and sue the school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.