My god its amazing.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by shadowheart, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowheart

shadowheart Well-Known Member

I cut myself recently. for the first time in a VERY long time.
    And, to tell the truth. i didnt see it as that much of a big deal. The cuts arent deep by my standards and i was going through a very stressful time. So i figured the relapse wasnt that bad....
    Despite how good it felt to do it again, im pretty sure i can stay strong and not cut again for a while....
    But....my friends are all flipping out!!!
    Has this happened to you??
    Its almost the worst they have ever reacted..... because it seems they all thought i was "Better" dont the realise how hard it is to 'get better' depression doesnt just go away!
    : /
    i dont know. what cani tell them so that they understand that having them flip out at me doesnt help at all!
    i need them to support me and tell me that its okay that i slipped this one time....but i am strong enough to not do it again :]

2. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

a relapse is a hard thing to defend. but id just tell them what you told us, your going through a very tough time and you didnt see any other way to cope. tell them it really did help, but that your strong enough to stop again since you already have. tell them you need there support to not hurt yourself again, that you want it to be a one time thing.

3. shadowheart

shadowheart Well-Known Member

:]
    thanks for the reply.
    and. its hard for them to understand that....they dont understand why i do it at all...let alone the fact that it feels good.....

4. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

i know what you mean. most people ive encountered that get on the subject of cutting either thinks its for attention and dont understand why somebody would want to hurt themselves by cutting there skin. the stigma against it is terrable too. two of the threee poeple that know i cut understand why i do it because one does it herself and the other has alot of friends that do it. only one of em tries to stop me though.. and shes pretty much givin up on stopping me now lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.