My granddad

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Rukia, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

My granddad passed away today, some time between 10 and 10.30 am I think. My dad came by my job and told me.

I've lived on the same farm as him since I was 7, almost 18 years ago. For the first few years they lived downstairs and we lived upstairs, and after that they moved into a house maybe 50 metres from ours. My parents have always started early in the morning at work, and for my first years in school I was with my grandparents every morning and after school. He took me on his lap and sang to me long after I was too old to sit on his lap. Sang about the animals in the forest, often with lyrics he came up with at that moment. He also sang songs to me that my grandmother thought I was too young to hear, and told me lots of stories. He often had a 2 day beard and he would grab me and give me hugs that made my cheek red. I would scream, but I really loved it and he knew. After I got older I've stopped screaming and just enjoyed his hugs. I could always come by their house to talk and before I got my lisence he would drive me anywhere.

I'm going to miss him so much.

2. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

im sorry about your grandad rukia
    :hugtackles:
    hope you can think of the good times you had together it sounds like you had many
    be strong

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry rukia..sending you huge *hugs*

4. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

Really sorry to hear this Hanne, I remember how harsh it was losing my nan last year, sounds like you have some great memories of him though

:hug:

5. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Im sorry for your loss, sounds like you guys were close, and you had alot of love from them.

6. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Im sorry Hanne, thinking about you. x

7. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

Thank you all.

I wish I was as brave as my grandmother.

8. lilmegt1

lilmegt1 Member

My Grandpa died 3 years ago and my grandma seemed the strongest out of all of us.

9. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

I am very sorry about your loss, losing someone so close to you can be awfully hard and difficult and even hard to cope with, my sister showed me a article when I lost my granddad, it sort of helped me cope better, maybe try talking to someone about it, I've found that the best way to cope. I found this article I'll share it with you, it's from TheSite.org, that site has a lot of information on mental health and dealing with death. I do hope it can help you :hug:
    So sorry for your loss x

Look after yourself and take care :hug:

10. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

The funeral today was nice, but it made me realize that he is really gone, forever. :(