My grandma just died

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Scars and Memories, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Scars and Memories

Scars and Memories Account Closed

My grandma was taken to the hospital today, because she couldn't talk and she couldn't move her right arm. It turned out she had a stroke. She passed out and she just got worse and worse. I just heard she died. My family is in tears but I couldn't cry:huh: I don't know why, she was always so nice to me and I really loved her but now she died and I don't even care. :sad: I feel bad about that. I haven't seen her for half a year, she was 76 years old. Maybe I'm just cold and heartless because I don't care:(

2. Tavil

Tavil Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry.
    I lost my Grandma last year in august and my grandfather last month.
    I know its hard but just think about all the great times you had with her, and remember shes in a better place.

The stroke part hits hard for me too. My mother had a major stroke years ago. I hate strokes so much. Their terrible things.

Anyway, i give my condolences to you and your family.

3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I'm so sorry for your loss

:hug:

I'm here if you want to talk x

4. Scars and Memories

Scars and Memories Account Closed

thanks guys:smile:
    it's 1am can't sleep

5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Try not to worry about the fact that you are not crying .. it could be shock .. or it could be that this is your way of coping.

Feel free to pm me if you want someone x

6. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about your Gran :hug:.

My Grandad died from a stroke just over 4 years ago.

Don't worry about not crying, like Sam said, it may just be the shock or your way of grieving. Everyone deals with grief in their own way & in their own time.

It's still very early days, your pain & emotions are still raw, they may be like that for some time. Remember the good things about your Gran & the good times you shared.

Be gentle on yourself :console: xx

7. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Condolences on your loss. :rose:

On another hand, don't get on yourself for your feelings, or lack thereof. I have the same response to death - just nothing. It's not because a person doesn't care. Some people just respond that way for varying reasons. Not really knowing a person (even family member) could be one of them. Or maybe the emotions will kick in later.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Sorry to hear about your loss. I've lost people too, and when it's happened I've never cried, never cared. But I've never forgotten those people, they've become a part of who I am. So I guess I did care after all.

9. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

My Condolences go out to you and your family.

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry for your loss :hug:

11. triggs

triggs Account Closed

i'm so sorry for your loss
    :hug: sometimes it takes a while for it to sink in
    you shouldn't blame yourself just because you're not crying over it
    i hope you're okay
    xx

12. healing07

healing07 Well-Known Member

I am very sorry for your loss. I understand your pain because I just loss my grandma recently. Don't worry about not crying because It could be shock news for you.I also not cry because I am shock. I'll pray for you and your family.