My grandmother must dun' lost her damn mind

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Prinnctopher's Belt, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I friended some members of my biological family on Facebook, and about a week ago I wrote "Fuck prayer" in my status, because I write what's on my mind. Now, a couple of other people commented on it and had a discussion about it, then my grandmother gets involved. We were supposed to go to the movies today at her invitation, and I didn't want to go. I didn't go. She called me this morning and left a voicemail I checked. Now, I go on my facebook page and this is what she has up there under my status comments:

First of all, my name is not "Jonetta!" I don't know how to respond to all her religious droning and condescending to people without hurting her feelings or offending her in some way. She does not know anything about me and has never been a part of my life! She's hardly in any kind of position to tell me about myself or who I can associate with!!! I don't even know how to respond to this. Strangers know me better than she does. She's talking tooooo much trash and I don't want to have to remove her but I dammit will and I don't give a shit that she considers herself as family to me. I'm tired of her remarks on my profile and I don't really want anything to do with her anyway.

'Cause she dun' goofed. She doesn't know anything about me or these people I've associated with but she's foaming at her keyboard on fucking Facebook instead of talking to me. I don't want to talk to her anyway, we ain't got shit to talk about.

2. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

Sounds like my mother in law!!! Seriously!!

If you are worried about deleting her as a friend, I discovered that you can change your settings so she doesn't see any of your posts. That's what I did with my family.

If you go to account settings and then to privacy then down at the bottom there is a customize area. There you can exclude people from different aspects of your page.

My mother in law drives me crazy with religious jabber like that. She even chastised us that we should be praying over our cars. Lordy.

Block her or remove her, not something you need to worry about! You are important and facebook is your place, not hers.

Stand strong.

And have a hug.

3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Thanks, em! :hug: I'm going to set it so that she's blocked from reading my status messages.

4. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

Good! That will help a lot!

And if her messages start to really bug you, just cut her off.

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Yup I agree, don't feel bad about taking her off. It's your Facebook page, and you shouldn't have to deal with posts like that if you don't want to.

6. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

does she have alzheimer's yet? my grandmother says crazy things like that but way worse. good luck with granny.

7. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I hate it when people attempt to lecture me. I normally just delete them, but since you're related, I would just block her.