My greatest enemy...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Dust2Dust, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dust2Dust

Dust2Dust Account Closed are my most beloved friend. You have walked beside me since the dawn, our feet falling in perfect harmony on the dusty road. And as dusk wraps her bitter arms around us, you are still with me, whispering the solutions to paradoxical enigmas into my sleeping mind.

We are one in the same.

What would I be without you? You who have told me to stay angry. Who would I be without you? You who have told me to embrace the pain and let it ravage me. Would I have reason without you? You who tells me to take the< edit moderator total eclipse method > Would I exist without you? As the <edit mod total eclipse method> brings the final sleep to tired bloodshot eyes.

We can do this.

You and I. You have guided me, pushed me, picked at me, torn, pulsed, wrenched, sundered, and plundered all reason from my head. How I love you my friend. Please dont leave me... what would I do without you? Who would take your place at my side?

We are alone without each other.

It is, as though, I have seen no other. Joy has not left her caress against these lips for ages. Where as it is true I have learned to wield the mask of happiness, to varying degrees of success, I do not remember what joy is. Who would I be with her? In pain there lies my comfort. Like a child’s security blanket...wrapped around his throat.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
  2. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

I take it the friend you're talking about is your depression? I feel the same way. When I first started on anitdepressants, I sort of didn't want my depression to go away fully because I didn't know how to feel without it. It's been with me for so long that I don't know what else to feel. I don't remember what it's like to be happy.

I feel like my depression is the best and worst thing to ever happen to me. The best because I now understand things that I couldn't before (cutting, suicide), and I see things differently now. It's the worst thing because I almost committed suicide because of it and it put me through hell for years (and still kind of is).

It's been like a friend, like you said, but a bad one. You should listen to the song My Friend Of Misery by Metallica
  3. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

Are you talking about yourself?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.