My greatest fear

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mpang123, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

There are many reasons why I don't want to be totally honest with my psych doc, my therapist, my social worker, and anyone who might know the truth is...
    1. I don't want to lose my own apartment
    2. I want self-control of my own meds without the threat of me OD'ng
    3. I don't want a guardian in charge of my life
    4. I don't want a payee who will manage my money
    5. I don't want to go back to the hospital
    6. I need to prove my capability to take care of myself
    7. I don't want to live in a personal care home again
    8. I don't want to disappoint anyone
    9. I like my freedom
    10. It's about time that I quit thinking that suicide is the only answer

2. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

honestly, i think that your psych would be happy to hear #2 and #6 and #9 and #10; I think he/she would be glad to work with you on #1, #3, #4, #5, #7; he/she may be a bit concerned about #8 but not in the way of anything major, just in the way of making sure you get counseling, etc... nothing like hospitalization, or etc.. and maybe just ask you for clarification ... as in you don't want to disappoint any one at all or just specific people, do you think its feasible to make everyone happy, what will you do if you do disappoint someone and how will you feel... that kind of thing... these reasons are more reasons to talk to your pdoc and let him/her know that you are in fact getting away from the hold depression has had on you...

3. MessengerFromHell

MessengerFromHell Well-Known Member

If you can't be upfront with your therapist he/she wouldn't be able to help you. That's my take.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.