my hairs

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by xtufpa, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtufpa

xtufpa Well-Known Member

Hello. I have many problems with my sking, hairs and everything, but most of all bothers me my rare hair. Im 18 years old boy and i have really high forehead and rare hairs what looks really bad on me (im 18 cmon). i have tryied many things including pills and everything to have more hairs and nothing worked so far. i just cant look like this :S beacuse of that im thinking a lot of suicide and things like that...

its just really strange to have that hair as a teenager.
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I've been losing my hair since 21, so I'm able to sympathise... Have you seen a doctor? Have you tried Rogaine? Have you considered simply shaving it all off?
  3. blue

blue Active Member

That must be really tough for you. I know that hair and appearance are important things to a lot of people.

It sounds like this is something you don't have a lot of control over. How about concentrating on changing the things you have more control with?

Is it possible to shave your head? That way it's a conscious decision to not have hair and might make you feel a little better.

This isn't worth dying over, trust me.
  4. Well-Known Member

Shave your head.
  5. xtufpa

xtufpa Well-Known Member

no, i havent seen a doctor or someone, but i might :S

also i look so strange (funny or i dont know...), that if i would shave my head i would be so ugly....couldnt even look at me...really..
  6. blue

blue Active Member

Seriously, shave your head and get a tattoo there. Embrace yourself, don't fight it.

I don't know if you would look ugly, I think a lot of this is your own warped perception of things and isn't what everyone else sees. I know you have skin and hair problems but that doesn't mean you are ugly.
  7. xtufpa

xtufpa Well-Known Member

no i really cant shave my head beacuse i already look ...i better dont say it here.
  8. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I knew a couple of guys in highschool who were losing their hair.
    I think you should see your doctor about it and talk about your options with him.
  9. xtufpa

xtufpa Well-Known Member

well i will mabye, but i hate that soooo much :S
  10. Atompilz

Atompilz Well-Known Member

Well I would also say shave it off, it may take time geting used to the new you but it will give you the control over it rather than waiting for it all to go. You could start a new style and see what hats you like to go with your new image ;)

People all have different tastes so whether you leave it or shave it there will always be people who find that look attractive so no worries there. Personally I am put off by 'perfect' looking people and find little things like hair loss, needeing glasses or having a squint very attractive. Might sound weird but just proving the point that for many people things like that are really not important when looking at the whole person inside and out and for you you will adapt to your new look. I am sure you do look and would look just fine :)
  11. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Can you wear a baseball style cap and just not deal with it for now?
  12. sunshinesblack

sunshinesblack Well-Known Member

hair loss can be due to serious stress, as other "ageing" issues, stress does that.
    If its not pattern hair loss you can expect its stress or a a condition, read about a woman thet had hair loss as a kid and turns out she had thyroid problems that resolved with meds.

The fact thet you are so concerned with your health and looks shows you are under stress wheather its and physical ilness or other types of stress

Defenetly see a doc.
  13. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

shave it all off or try a skullet. ^.^
  14. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

I shave my hair off every summer and even run a bic razor over it as well, and i am ugly as hell!!! But quoting gok wan its all about the confidence. Who cares what people think? Seriously? You will probably find half of what you think people think of your appearance isnt true. Im 27 and have the same problem as my hairline is really receeding badly but it doesnt really bother me at all. its a fact of life. Its certainly no reason to kill yourself over
  15. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

People who have high testosterone tend to have hair loss more often. I've seen a lot of people with high hairlines. I don't think it matters a lot. It's just something you'll have to cope with as time goes by. We're all coping with something. It might not be looks, it could be bills. It could be something deep in the moon. IDK. Problems are everywhere and everyone has some.
  16. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

I also vote for the shaved head, but if you're so against it...huh...I don't know. The whole doctor thing, doesn't always give you the result you want. But it could tell you the reason (probably inherited it from your dad?), and you could go from there.
  17. Fluffdaddy

Fluffdaddy New Member

Another vote for shaved head. Maybe grow a goatee or something if you can. (I'm 35 and I can't grow a beard for the life of me, so maybe that's not an option.)

Or if you just cut it super short it's almost as good, and from my experience girls love running their fingers through that.

The other option is just grow it pretty long and shaggy and let it lay down in the front so it hides whatever receding you might have. I don't think it's particularly stylish, but seems like longer hair is in these days. That and girls pants on guys. I don't even know where to begin with that one.
  18. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I've always thought, that if I go bald as I get older(eventually I will), I'd shave my head and get a wig.

But not just any wig, like a really 'loud' one. Like a rainbow mohawk, LOL. Something different ya know? Who knows, maybe you'll look wicked with an afro :tongue:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.