My head is a mess.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by NathanH, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NathanH

NathanH Guest

Hi. I'm Nathan.

I have some very self-destructive thought patterns that I do not know how to deal with. I have a lot of issues with low self-esteem and Nil Self-confidence. looking back over my life I can see how most of these patterns formed, but(hmm) even though I see them I still fall prey to them consistently and I don't know how to begin correcting them. They all seem to be interdependent, I pull one cord and all the rest get tighter, unravel another and I find 6 more to take it's place, then when I get another pulled apart I look back and find that the ones that I just fixed have become tangled again. How can I work through this? Where do I begin? What I am doing now isn't working, what other options do I have?

2. Unregistired

Unregistired Guest

Hi Nathan. I have the same self-destructive problems. I haven't been able to find a way out of it either, but I think it's good that you are at least aware of it. Have you ever tried Cognitive behavioral therapy? It's meant to correct negative thought patterns. Perhaps your mind has gotten so used to thinking bad about yourself that it's having a hard time redirecting to the good things despite how much you know you're better than what your mind thinks. Or maybe you can try staying away from the things that make you have low self-esteem in the first place and surround yourself with the things you love. I don't know. but I do know that you have options. Search for ways to reverse it, cause you deserve to feel good about who you are. It's the only way we can survive i guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.