My head spins with thoughts that i fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes back and forth about doing something, the only person who has stopped me so far is my son. I need to be here for him, just its rough sometimes, i really dont want to but they keep popping up, my heart feels heavy, my soul just aches, and my mind races around. I cant seem to stop the thoughts the past few days, what can i do to fight it off, what I use to do isnt working. any advice can help

shades

Staff Alumni
First, welcome to the forum. What is it that you used to do that isn't working anymore? If you don't feel comfortable sharing here, you can send me a private message and I will respond. We're here for you.

swimmergirl

I can totally relate to that heavy heart feeling and soul aching feeling, that describes the torment really well.

I find that if I invest some energy into at least dreaming about the way I want my life to be, then eventually i can find something to hang on to, some possibility that life is indeed worth living, but it has to come from deep inside of you, it has to be yours. Depression trys to rob you of these dreams, but I found that if I share them with someone I trust, they can remind me of them when all I see is darkness. I believe hope can grow from a small seed.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Welcome to the forums!! Have you tried therapy?? For alot of us therapy is helping to keep us stable.. Then there are some who don't think therapy helps.. Have you talked to any professionals about how you are feeling?? Depression is a disease and you need to treat it as one.. It causes low motivation, low self esteem, it basically grabs ahold and doesn't let go.. You can't fight it on your own..I think you should seek help in dealing with this because the suicidal thoughts go hand in hand with it..Take care!!

you describe how i feel so well. I have a 14yr old brother who needs me but at times i just cant bare the thought of the next day. what did you used to do that no longer works. I have started drinking heavily due to my problems and i know this is making things worse but as a quick fix it works. I am scared to go to sleep because of the nightmares i have and i am often awake for days on end which is really exhausting (oviously):rolleyes:

I would run, I would just fight it off on my own, I would do other things, nothing is working, its getting worse, i want a cigg, a beer, and darkness but I cant have it..........................******* ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00