My heads acting strange and it's scaring me.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TheRandomer, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomer

TheRandomer New Member

Hey everyone,
    I'm not diagnosed as depressed i have my ups and downs, but i'd say i have a certain level of it.
    It's not like me to have suicidal thoughts and i didn't have any until last night.
    I went out for St Patrick's day and got blind drunk and hooked up with a girl. I have problems with my sexuality and so the next day i was quite frustrated with myself, also i only got 3 hours sleep so i was exhausted and i was hungover.
    So about half 10 that night, i couldn't sleep and i was lying in bed and my body obviously didn't know what to do with itself so for some reason it started thinking about suicide. This scared the shit out of me.
    I managed to get to sleep but i'm still super worried and i feel like i'm prone to them thoughts again and i'm not feeling great at all.

What should i do?
    Thanks for helping.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Possibly the alcohol, which is a depressant, lowered your resistance to such thoughts; though I think a lot of people get suicidal thoughts out of the blue.
    If they persist, I'd go see your GP and see what he/she thinks.

3. TheRandomer

TheRandomer New Member

Yeah this was my thinking too, they were so vivid like my brain was trying to convince me to do it. Awful stuff really.
    I had to pour all the bleach down the toilet because i kept thinking about drinking it.

4. Dump the bleach away and stay safe.. How about calling the suicide prevention hotline in your area and talk to a person?? Stay away from alcohol.. Everytime you want to drink alcohol, grab a coffee instead.. Coffee tastes better than alcohol.. :)

5. toshi

toshi Well-Known Member

sounds like a lot going on in what you said. yeah, id agree that moderating alcohol and sleeping well will help. As far as you know, are there any feelings you've been suppressing that you might want to talk to someone about for long term quality of life?

6. TheRandomer

TheRandomer New Member

Yeah i know it's to do with my sexual frustration, otherwise i'd be fine.
    I'll need to see a doctor about this :/ dear me my head is screwed up at times.

7. thingsaregonnachange

thingsaregonnachange Well-Known Member

I can tell you that alcohol messes up with anyone's feelings.

Usually while I'm drinking I feel happy and perfectly fine, but the next day I get massive hangovers mixed with extremely dark thoughts and paranoia.

As much as drinking feels good at the moment, the consequences just get worse over time, specially when you're not in a good period of your life.

My recommendation would to do healthier things and find pleasure in them. I'm in such a period myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
  8. TheRandomer

TheRandomer New Member

Yeah i get the massive hangovers usually haha just not them other thoughts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.