My healing journey of a thousand miles

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Aquarius123, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

Dear Friends,

For me, depression that drives you to the point of feeling suicidal on many occasions represents ‘the dark night of the soul’. Having successfully worked my way through what I consider to be my healing journey of a thousand miles, I feel ready to share some of that which I have found along the way with those who around me. That’s why I have decided to join this forum in the hope that some of what my life has taught me may be of benefit to at least some of you.

The most helpful step on my journey of recovery was the very first one and that was the discovery of the writings of Dr. Dorothy Rowe. To this day, they stand out like beacons on my pathway through life.

‘Depression – the Way out of your Prison’
    ‘Beyond Fear’
    ‘The Courage to Live’ ​

The first book is my all time favourite because reading it, more years ago than I care to remember, truly was a life-changing experience for me. However, there were no bright flashes of enlightening, but a gradually awakening understanding within me that we always have choices in life, and that we do not have to put up with circumstances that are no longer right for us and possibly never were.

Over some time, this led me into the realisation that this freedom of choice brings with it the responsibility of acting on our knowledge and learning to choose wisely. To me, the greatest beauty and attraction of Dr. Rowe’s writings always has been that she does not come across as one of those ‘oh, so spiritual’ writers. If anything, she is the opposite. Her writings are in a class of their own; although they are of a deeply spiritual nature, she insists on telling her readers that this is not so. And she is right; on the surface of things, her books are not spiritual ones. It’s hard to explain, but if you have never read any of her works, you really have missed out on something.

With love and light,
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.....
    I'm glad you want to help out on here.....

‘Depression – the Way out of your Prison’ .....I've read this one and she's very inspirational....I need to read it again though...
  3. Aquarius123

Thank you, dear Friend, for your kind welcome. I will do my best to help out by sharing of my learning, wherever this seems appropriate.

Regarding Dorothy Rowe's books, in my view each one of them is certainly worth another read.

With love - Aquarius​
  4. Wuwei

Wuwei Member

Welcome Aquarius, new myself too. I haven't read any of the books you mention but you seem to know what you're talking about so I will try and check them out.
  5. Aquarius123

Dear Wuwei - thank you for making me welcome and a warm and loving welcome to you, too. The Dorothy Rowe books are well worth a read - I found them most enriching. Two more of the best books that have ever come my way and which you may also find helpful are:

‘The Art of Effortless Living – Simple Techniques for healing, mind, body and spirit’ by Dr. Ingrid Bacci. As the author points out, it is a book about finding inner guidance by opening the door to our unconscious Higher Self. This is the most important thing we can do in our lives and it is the only way we can learn to live without conflict. To open the door we have to believe that this Higher Self exists and is available to us, and that we have to ask it, so that it may speak to us. Disbelief slams the door shut, while belief opens it. The goal of this book is to offer the reader a comprehensive, practical and pleasurable map of the journey into becoming more fully ourselves and of helping us to find the healing that we and our world so desperately need.

‘Effortless Pain Relief – Especially from Chronic Pain’ by Dr. Ingrid Bacci, a worthy companion to and extension of the above mentioned book. For further information on these books, as well as free articles about Dr. Bacci’s work, please go to

With love - Aquarius​
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!!
  7. Aquarius123

Many thanks and God bless, dear Friend.

With love - Aquarius

8. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Welcome to SF. its an amazing place..
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. it is always good for us to hear stories of those that have come up from the depths of despair and found life to be good once again. It can offer hope where there is none. I wish you well on your journey. :hug:
  10. Aquarius123

Thank you, dear Gentle Lady, and also for kind and welcoming words. That's exactly what I would like to do - if people let me, that is. If I don't succeed, it will not be for the want of trying, that I promise.

With love - Aquarius

11. Aquarius123

Thank you, dear Friend, how right you are! Many thanks and God bless to all who make it possible and who are beavering away ceaselessly behind the scenes.

With love - Aquarius

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.