My heart and soul goes out to ALL of you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joy2BeWith

It's a terrible thing to be born in a realm where mental, emotional, and physical pain is the norm.

Pain, pain, pain... what is it? I know one thing, there's not ONE person in this world who wants to experience it.

Why are we created? Who knows? God wanted a show? Who knows.... bottom line we're created in someone's image, is that God's image? Or are be born in our own figmant of OUR imagination.

I like to think we're created in God's image, and if so then I know I have the power to overcome this shit.

I feel sad that people have to go thru pain, no matter what type of pain it is their dealing with.

Know this, I feel for everyone of you who has depression, bi-polar, or some other mental malady.

From the bottom of my heart I LOVE WHO YOU ARE because you are my brother and sister.

Hang in there, and try and find a way out - there WILL always be a way out if you really try hard enough.

God bless ALL OF YOU.

Gerry

gizmo

It's a terrible thing to be born in a realm where mental, emotional, and physical pain is the norm.
Pain isn't always a bad thing.

Pain, pain, pain... what is it? I know one thing, there's not ONE person in this world who wants to experience it.
Pain is an indicator that something might be wrong or that something might be right. It gets your attention either way.

Why are we created? Who knows?
Your question is making two assumptions. First that being 'created' is the only option and second that there is a sentient intention behind human existence.

... bottom line we're created in someone's image, is that God's image? Or are be born in our own figmant of OUR imagination.
Why not be real and not peddle this save me jeebus / new age phiolosophy fantasy.

I like to think we're created in God's image, and if so then I know I have the power to overcome this shit.
Don't you have to have evidence that something exists before declaring something can be related to ot?

I feel sad that people have to go thru pain, no matter what type of pain it is their dealing with.

Know this, I feel for everyone of you who has depression, bi-polar, or some other mental malady.
Thats called empathy.

From the bottom of my heart I LOVE WHO YOU ARE because you are my brother and sister.
Nice shovel.

Hang in there, and try and find a way out - there WILL always be a way out if you really try hard enough.

God bless ALL OF YOU.

Gerry
I have, but it requires someone's assistance. Would you be that person?

J

Joy2BeWith

Your welcomed Gizmo, anytime!

Instead of trying to surgically insert criticism into what someone is saying you should step back and try to understand what they are saying and see if any of it applies to your unfortunate situation.

You think you're alone in mess? You and 30 million others deal with the same crap you're dealing with.

Don't be so critical of others, let alone critical of yourself. You're criticism is powered by self-centered egotism that's creating your hell.

Learn to overcome your ego and criticism and you've won half your battle, the other half is learning to love yourself while learning to love others - try working on this, you might surprise yourself at how better you'll start to feel - worked for me.

Peace
Gerry

Last edited:

gizmo

Your welcomed Gizmo, anytime!

Instead of trying to surgically insert criticism into what someone is saying you should step back and try to understand what they are saying and see if any of it applies to your unfortunate situation.

You think you're alone in mess? You and 30 million others deal with the same crap you're dealing with.

Don't be so critical of others, let alone critical of yourself. You're criticism is powered by self-centered egotism that's creating your hell.

Learn to overcome your ego and criticism and you've won half your battle, the other half is learning to love yourself while learning to love others - try working on this, you might surprise yourself at how better you'll start to feel - worked for me.

Peace
Gerry
Good lord Gerry, you sound like a first year psychology major. What you said assumes alot, especially concerning values and seems somewhat niave.

Esmeralda

Gizmo, If this isn't a ploy for attention on your part then I really don't know what else to think. Are you asking for someone to get on a plane, show up at your house and actually do the deed for you? Why? Because you can't seem to bring yourself to do it. Don't you think that this fact alone is indicative of you not being able to let go of life, or terminate it on your own just yet? And why pass the guilt and burden of your death onto someone else by enlisting their help? Or are you really the Terminator and it is against your programming to self-terminate? Are you here from the future to save John Connor?

gizmo

Gizmo, If this isn't a ploy for attention on your part then I really don't know what else to think. Are you asking for someone to get on a plane, show up at your house and actually do the deed for you?
Sorry <Mod Edit: Abacus21 - insulting to member> but its not a ploy. I genuinely want to end it. You have the correct general idea. I would of course pay an expense and make it worthwhile and I would certainly be willing to make a trip.

Why? Because you can't seem to bring yourself to do it.
Correct.

Don't you think that this fact alone is indicative of you not being able to let go of life, or terminate it on your own just yet?
I honestly dont have an answer for that. The only speculation I have is that my biological drive to persist is conflicting with my emotional and rational desire to die. I really wish this was not the case as it could have all ended by now otherwise.

And why pass the guilt and burden of your death onto someone else by enlisting their help? Or are you really the Terminator and it is against your programming to self-terminate? Are you here from the future to save John Connor?
I am hoping there is someone out there whom is mature enough to realize that I am not asking for someone to take on a burden of guilt. I am asking someone for compassion, mercy, dignity, and to be part of an experience which might be quite beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

thecleric

Frankly, Gerry, this is hard to take seriously. Human nature is universally selfish and petty.

there WILL always be a way out if you really try hard enough.
And it becomes harder to believe this sort of statement if I've already decided you're given to insincerity.

Read what others have to say, and think before you post. We've all been there and done that, too.

ace

Joy2Bwithyou I understand what you're saying and it's nice of you to say that:smile:,can I ask are you very into religion or something along those lines?Just wondering.:smile:

Esmeralda

Sorry <Mod Edit: Abacus21 - insulting to member> but its not a ploy. I genuinely want to end it. You have the correct general idea. I would of course pay an expense and make it worthwhile and I would certainly be willing to make a trip.

I honestly dont have an answer for that. The only speculation I have is that my biological drive to persist is conflicting with my emotional and rational desire to die. I really wish this was not the case as it could have all ended by now otherwise.

I am hoping there is someone out there whom is mature enough to realize that I am not asking for someone to take on a burden of guilt. I am asking someone for compassion, mercy, dignity, and to be part of an experience which might be quite beautiful.
Can I ask what is going on in your life that has brought you to this point?

Hesitancy alone is a good reason not to end it as far as I am concerned. I mean, if you're not willing to do it on your own, then you must still have some reason to live.

Also, no matter what steps you take, assisted suicide is illegal and the person who helped you would likely go to jail. Secondly, I think you are romanticizing death. It's really not very beautiful. In fact, it is abrupt if you're lucky and painful if you're not. Escpecially given that you do not seem to believe in a God or and afterlife based on previous posts. The relief you are looking for will not be found in death. You need to be alive to feel that.

gizmo

Can I ask what is going on in your life that has brought you to this point?
http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=22255

Hesitancy alone is a good reason not to end it as far as I am concerned. I mean, if you're not willing to do it on your own, then you must still have some reason to live.
Idealogically I disagree; however, its kind of a moot point now. A small glimmer of hope one pixel wide [.] has made its way to me. I am choosing to follow that for now and have suspended my suicidal intention.

Also, no matter what steps you take, assisted suicide is illegal and the person who helped you would likely go to jail.
If they were caught yes. I would have protected that person from any such reprisal. It is a moot point though now :).

Secondly, I think you are romanticizing death. It's really not very beautiful. In fact, it is abrupt if you're lucky and painful if you're not. Escpecially given that you do not seem to believe in a God or and afterlife based on previous posts. The relief you are looking for will not be found in death. You need to be alive to feel that.
I never said death was beautiful and I think there are times where it can be. I do appreciate your intentions and I am choosing to follow a different path.

Esmeralda

Well I am very glad that you have found a reason to hold on :) I am sorry about what has been happening with your wife and I really admire the fact that you look at marriage as a lifetime commitment. Most people today don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00