My heart is broken over someone who's not even gone yet

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Lady Youth, May 14, 2016.

1. Lady Youth

Lady Youth Active Member

I mentioned this before... I'm really in love with this man, and he's...it's so awkward. He's so businesslike and sultry, and I'm an admittedly naive romantic idealist. I get too attached.

I've told him I love him before and he's said the feeling is mutual, but recently he's started flirting with this other girl - an old friend of his - jokingly, lighthearted, in front of me, but I have poor self-worth and all that, and when I pulled him aside and asked him not to do that, please, he yelled at me for causing drama and upsetting his friend and now won't answer my messages...

I've just always been so worried I'm not good enough for him and trying to impress, and since this happened, I've been so worried of losing him. My heart feels like it's already broken and he's not even gone yet. It just makes me so upset that he has never loved me as much as I have him...

How do I make myself feel better about who I am and stop feeling like I need this person?

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

First of all, I'm sorry you're having these troubles.

Secondly, if he treats you like that, not only flirting with other people, and then making it 'your fault' and acting like that... he is not worth your time.

And no, it doesn't say anything about you. It says a lot about him. You need and deserve someone who treats you better.

Have you tried working on your confidence and self-worth? Either in counseling or otherwise? It's something I deal with a lot myself, and I know it's not making things easier.

3. Cariad_Bach

Cariad_Bach Staff Alumni

I agree that the behaviour you describe says very little about you and volumes about him.

Lady Youth likes this.