My husband thinks I'm a joke

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by lemonyjuice, Feb 23, 2009.

1. lemonyjuice

lemonyjuice Member

I've ended up in the hospital for suicide attempts before and I've had lots of other times I didn't go. I was prescribed a sedative but it doesn't work anymore. Soon I'll be trying my fourth anti-depressant.

My husband doesn't care. He doesn't care if I'm laying in my bathtub bleeding, he just calls me pathetic and walks out. He says I should just grow up. He'll just change the subject when I try to talk about how I feel. He'll make farting noises or start singing some goofy made-up song.

He doesn't care.

2. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Definitely sounds like your husband is the one that needs to grow up. Farting noises? How old is this loser?

3. xan

xan Chat Buddy

He doesn't sound like a very caring person, if that doesn't sound right, it could just be that he doesn't know how to cope with what you're going through and it scares him so he'll joke and change the subject... I'm not sure... do you have someone you can talk to about what you are going through? :unsure:

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: I'm sorry your husband isn't caring for you the way he should be. Maybe he is scared to deal with it? Doesn't understand?

Do yo have anyone else you can talk to about this? Family/friends/therapist?
    I hope you feel better soon x