My husband...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by justme1, Oct 20, 2010.

1. justme1

justme1 New Member

hi all, new member here, i decided to join as am a bit lost , monday night my husband disapered out saying he was going to kill himself, he left the house with xxxx,. i called the police but they couldnt find hinm, he was found the next morning by a member of public. he is alive.
    yesterday was so hard, he blocked me from knowing any information about him then the pshyciatrist rang me and said she wanted me to go which i did. then an hour afte i get home they ring to say hes being relised from hospital and is going to a b and b.. this was a guy that was sat still saying that he wanted to die??? they had asked if i was ok with him coming home. no i said to be honest im not. im really struggling to deal with happened. and i can not cope with the way he is.

i also had to go and retrive my car, the xxxxx. i could of lived with out that.

then at 9pm i get a call from the crisis team as they can not contact him and do i know where he is?? no nobody will tell me, and surely as the crisis team you should know where he is.

so i wake up this morning, and i dont know if my husband is dead or alive., theres no point in trying to call the crisis team as they wont tell me.

what the hell am i ment to do???
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2010
  2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

hey there,

Sorry to hear that you are going through this.

You could also post in the crisis forum if you wanted to

It sounds like there really isn't anything that you can do for your husband at this point. You don't know where he is, so I guess that you will have to wait to hear from him.

I think that just taking care of your own emotional well-being as best you can may be the best thing you can do. Can you make an appointment to see a talk therapist?

Do you want to talk more about your husband and what led up to all of this?
  3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

maybe getting a professional massage, or getting some hugs or emotional support from a friend or relative might help.
  4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

justme1 that must be a terrible feeling for you to deal with...
    as May said..take care of your own emotional well being...
    do you have someone to support you?
    if not find a therapist asap
  5. justme1

justme1 New Member

hi guys i am lucky and have good friends, but cracked a bit yesterday tried to get a doctors apointment and they never called back., also tried the samaritons but i found them patronising and didnt feel like i was getting any where.

my husband and i have never had the best of relashionships and hes mental health issues for most of it (it all started when he left hes previous wife of 20 years he had a breadown and ended up in hospital.)

hes ment to be coming home today but i do not feel that i am able to cope with him, i know how horrible that sounds and its not because i dont love him i just cant cope ,
  6. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I think there are other hotlines besides samaritans. Could be that the volunteer you got was just not good. I think sometimes people volunteer for these things and just don't know what to say/ they are inexperienced.
  7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Sorry the support you sought was unhelpful but so glad you are doing better...what a horrible position to put you in...please continue to let us know how things are going...big hugs, J