my husband's drinking excuses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsedToBe

Sorry for this useless post...

My husband has been drinking every night for the past three weeks. Or maybe four or five? I don't know, I lost my count. He is coming up with a different excuse every time and every time he says it's the last time. I never say no because that would make him angry, upset and, more recently, depressed. I tried to list all his excuses in my head and they sound so silly.

A while ago my husband told me after 10 years of marriage that his father was an alcoholic and that he was very violent towards them, he would hit my husband's mother numerous times, he would spend every penny on booze... It frightens me...

Recently, my counselor listed all the things that he does and it sounded like he is a monster. But he is a good person, I felt bad realising how it looks like from the outside.

I'll be leaving him anyway soon so I'm past caring. Just wanted to let it all out...

starryeyed

Sorry to hear this.do you think he could stop drinking if he wanted to ?
Its hard when someone picks drink over you.of course he may be blocking out his padt.has he anyone to talk to ? Maybe you could suggest this.

roscho

There are many reasons people medicate with alcohol. For me, it was because of the lack of communication between me and my wife. I stopped out of just being tired of it,and while it didn't help the problem at least it removes another problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00