My imagination is making me uncertain.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by eagles_fan, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagles_fan

eagles_fan Well-Known Member

Sometimes I'll imagine having a conversation with someone I don't really like and I'll reply in real life. Then I'll start cussing them out or something. This upsets me because it's really like being rude to them in real life.

I also notice that a lot of the people I imagine tend to be women. I don't want to be misogynistic, I really don't. But I really worry sometimes.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I'm not sure I understand your thread... Just want you to know that someone is listening..Maybe you can tell us more about whats going on..

3. Pow

Pow Well-Known Member

Well since you hate them I guess it's natural to feel hatred toward them but they don't know what your thinking so i'm not sure whats the problem.
    Plus i'm not sure whats the thing your uncertain of, please explain?

4. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Why are you mentally cussing "them out? In effect you are cussing out at aspects of yourself or things you see in other people(that you've recreated in your mind) that you don't like. What sort of things are you cussing(reacting) out at?

5. eagles_fan

eagles_fan Well-Known Member

People talk shit about me in real life. I hate that, so I imagine them doing it and then cussing them out. It's bad and it makes me feel like I'm going to lose control and get violent, even though I'm never going to do that.

6. fallingangie

fallingangie Well-Known Member

People talk shit about me as well. I can totally relate with you when it comes to that, but we both have very different ways to react to this. What I normally do is sit in my dark room all day and night and think about these kind of stuffs and jus worry about it. That makes me suicidal at times, I think we both need professional help....perhaps a visit to a counsellor or psychiatrist maybe..not sure

7. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Hm...
    It's all in my head; the people talking about me. I know that- but even knowing that, I can't help but think about what they "could" be saying about me.
    Because my brain is always working like this, always negative; I get confused at times about what is actually happening and what's in my head.

The only way to stop it is to train your brain to think differently.
    I still haven't achieved this yet though... so I don't really know what to say.
    The unending circle of negativity is hard to break free of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.