my introduction

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by emily83, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

my name is emily and i live in the UK- i actually tried signing up on here a few days ago (but it turned out to be the back up website and not the real site, lol!)

anyway, i'm here for many reasons

1. to connect with other people who are bipolar (i've been bipolar since a really young age, and could do with some friends who know what it's like)

2:. i also have borderline personality disorder, so support with that would be good too

3:. i'm in a wheelchair and require round the clock support, so perhaps i'll share some insight on that

4:. i guess just to vent, and talk to you all- i'm at a stage of my life where i'm not even sure what's what anymore, and even if i want to be here

so hi all, i guess

2. crunchie

crunchie Well-Known Member

Welcome Emily! I hope you find what you are looking for here!
  3. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Hi Emily,

Name's Chris - not bipolar or BPD but do deal with depression and am also a wheelchair user - although not bound (CP). Feel free to drop me a line anytime.

4. emily83

at crunchy (sorry i don't know your name!) i hope i can find what i need here too- the site looks nice enough and i just hope i can find the right support here (guess i'm reaching out 1 last time)

at chris, nice to meet you- thanks for the welcome hereq
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi emily i think you will find many caring members here and hope you find the support you are looking for welcome to SF
  6. StarXedLover

StarXedLover New Member

Hi Emily,

Nice to meet you. I'm also bipolar, but I have only been diagnosed as such a few years ago. Since it sounds like you've been aware of your bipolar disorder for longer than I have, maybe you could tell me a little bit about what the illness is like for you. I know so few other bipolar people.
    I read this poem in my sixth grade literature book, and it's stuck with me ever since.
    "Life is a water wheel. It turns. The trick is to hold your nose when you're under, and not get dizzy when you're up."
    It's one of those things that doesn't really encourage me, but it makes me feel better because it articulates how I feel about bipolar.
    I hope you find what you're looking for on this site.

7. emily83

hey rachel.

thanks for the poem... very inspiring indeed!

i like the username too- what does it mean?

i'm guessing their is a deeper meaning to being a fan of the letter Z?

sure i'll be happy to anser your questions on bipolar, or in deed anything else.

feel free to PM me anytime
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.