My introduction

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by jwmcd2, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwmcd2

jwmcd2 New Member

Hey guys and gals... I know this is kind of a crappy way to introduce myself, but I was sent here by a friend. Truth is I've been really down about things that are cropping up from my past and seeming to take over my life.

Anyway, I guess I needed to introduce myself so I don't seem like some bot or something.I'm not sure what I'll get out of being here but I'm guessing i will find some answers with what to do with myself. My name is Jeff and I'm a younger guy working as a registered nurse on a heart floor but I'm just fed up with the crap i go through every day. The stresses of my job is one thing, but having PTSD is another. I feel like a zombie or an empty shell anymore.

Sorry if I made anyone feel bad/triggered with what I said.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Jeff i do understand the stresses your job carries and the PTSD on top of it i get that too Are you getting any therapy to help you deal with life really. It does help to be able to talk to someone to release some of the pressures Here is a good place too ok so when ready post or go to chat and get support there. No need to be sorry ok it is good you are reaching out hugs
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Hi Jeff,

I certainly know how you feel. I'm an RN in geriatrics which is another very stressful environment to be in, especially with winter fast approaching. Is the PTSD work related? Is it triggered by work or just stress in general? Maybe speak to your ward manager about how stressed you are at the moment and how it's affecting your mental health. They may be able to help you lift some of the stress.

Secondly, are you on any medication at present and are you receiving any counselling or therapy for your PTSD? Although therapy takes a long time to heal, it's one of the best forms of treatment going. Medication can be used in the short term until the therapy begins to work which may help lessen that numb like feeling. Sometimes medication is able to enable you to function that little bit better.

I hope being here helps and if you need to rant about work then you are always welcome to pm me as I know what it's like when you need to rant about work!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.