My jealousy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Tweaks, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Tweaks

Tweaks Member

Hey,

I'm in a relationship for a year and im still so jealouse you dont wanna know.
    I don't know why but i am..
    It's not normal anymore, we just had a fight again about something i got jealouse bout.
    My feeling for her is big i think too big for my feeling, but i cant release it or something i already tryed to not to think bout her 24/7 but that is hard..
    I only see her at weekend and in mid week im always alone at home..

The thing i got jealouse about is bout profile sites.
    I don't like it when she goes on a profile site and i know she doesn't like it when im on a profile site so i said no im not gonna go on a profile site anymore and she wouldn't do it either because we had problems with it in the begin of the relationship.
    Now she kinda tryed to hide it but i told her i came on her msn and told her that a guy said to go on a profile site with a link and stuff and she said yeah i already signed up for it.
    The reason she gave me was because i don't speak to him so much.
    I know he is Gay/Bisexual and he lives farther away then i do, but still i got upset about it and thats why the fight.
    She putted on her 3th email adress too so not where she is usually on so that makes me worry.
    Cause i dont think she would tell me about it.

I'm kinda sad now.

2. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Aw. I'm a jealous/possesive bugger myself. Try not to freak out about things like that. Maybe tell her you're sorry for overreacting. But also tell her if she's serious about the relationship w/ you that she needs to be upfront about things and not go hiding. Tell her if she wants to try lifting the mutually-agreed-upon ban on profile sites, fine, but she needs to be open about it beforehand for you to trust her.

It's a tricky balance between not smothering someone, and also not being emotionally detached.

So that's my 2 cents based on what I read in your post. Take it with a grain of salt.