1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My jealousy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Tweaks, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Tweaks

Tweaks Member

Hey,

I'm in a relationship for a year and im still so jealouse you dont wanna know.
    I don't know why but i am..
    It's not normal anymore, we just had a fight again about something i got jealouse bout.
    My feeling for her is big i think too big for my feeling, but i cant release it or something i already tryed to not to think bout her 24/7 but that is hard..
    I only see her at weekend and in mid week im always alone at home..

The thing i got jealouse about is bout profile sites.
    I don't like it when she goes on a profile site and i know she doesn't like it when im on a profile site so i said no im not gonna go on a profile site anymore and she wouldn't do it either because we had problems with it in the begin of the relationship.
    Now she kinda tryed to hide it but i told her i came on her msn and told her that a guy said to go on a profile site with a link and stuff and she said yeah i already signed up for it.
    The reason she gave me was because i don't speak to him so much.
    I know he is Gay/Bisexual and he lives farther away then i do, but still i got upset about it and thats why the fight.
    She putted on her 3th email adress too so not where she is usually on so that makes me worry.
    Cause i dont think she would tell me about it.

I'm kinda sad now.

2. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Aw. I'm a jealous/possesive bugger myself. Try not to freak out about things like that. Maybe tell her you're sorry for overreacting. But also tell her if she's serious about the relationship w/ you that she needs to be upfront about things and not go hiding. Tell her if she wants to try lifting the mutually-agreed-upon ban on profile sites, fine, but she needs to be open about it beforehand for you to trust her.

It's a tricky balance between not smothering someone, and also not being emotionally detached.

So that's my 2 cents based on what I read in your post. Take it with a grain of salt.