My Jimmy

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Le Ann Bonnett, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Le Ann Bonnett

Le Ann Bonnett New Member

I lost My Jimmy to suicide on April 3rd. I am devastated and heartbroken. I'm upset with everyone my family, my friends and strangers. Why?
  2. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hello Le, I'm Sorry you lost someone close to you. Suicide is a devastating event so I think it's only natural to feel anger about it.
    Maybe the people that are close around you are the ones you find it easiest to express your feelings with.
    I'm not sure how Jimmy was related to you, but possibly a grief counsellor would help you to work through your feelings, without hurting your friends and family.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome to the forum, are you in counselling? Are you on medication? There are no winners when it comes to suicide, please try and seek grievance counselling if already not or contact ''console'' they are for friends and family members affected by suicide. It is normal to be upset, im sure your friends and family understand that. Keep talking to us here and we will support you as much as possible. ((hugs)) stay safe and take care.
  4. randomguy9

randomguy9 Put's the "Pro" in Profanity Chat Pro

I am so sorry to hear this! I lost a relative to suicide a little over 6 months ago... and it has been the toughest thing I have ever had to get thorugh.

I am going to share some stuff I learned... I am not saying all of this will work for you, or even any of it... but take what you think is helpful

The 1st... is that this is emotional and I got to allow myself to feel all of those emotions, and let those around me do the same. Been ticked off, been at a really low point of sadness, been lonely, been smiling at random good memories, been hopeless... it all happens and it is all ok.

The 2nd... is to allow it to take time. It is understandable that this loss and all it means... knowing someone chose to leave, knowing I now live in a world without him... something I couldn't comprehend before hand... and still have trouble thinking about.

Other things... are to take care of myself emotionally... it is tough to do at times when I am so drained... but needs to be done.

I will try to post more later when I have a bit more time on my hands.