• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

My job application resulted negative

ozakom

One more addition of my chart of failure

My job interview was a failure. It's my second job rejection. Other attendants stayed in the interview room for 5 to 10 minutes, but they kept me only 2 minutes. I feel so bad. Will I never succeed? There are a lot of jobs but they're not in my profession. I want to work in my area. Neither I have friends to encourage me nor family.

I am not suicidal but I don't have a reason to be okay(not happy, just content) A man; alone, jobless, friendless(there are friends but too far to me and I don't want to hear their success stories while I have nothing to say) meaningless. I can't even cry to release pain. It's like a nightmare which I'm not gonna wake up. I can't afford therapy either.

cymbele

SF Supporter
I cried on SF for about 2 1/2 years when trying to make it through a series of interviews and job rejections. After 30 years in my profession I wasn't "good enough." I finally found a job but they were desperate for people and here I am barely doing work in a related field but I have self confidence now and am comfortable with doing what I am doing.
But keep talking here; we hear you and sympathize. this is a safe spot where it is okay to vent, scream, and shout. Job rejection is a constant reminder of failure. I get it. You can pm me anytime and I will listen.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Sorry to hear about the job. *hug

It's really quite common to be rejected for jobs though. It doesn't mean that you are a failure or won't be able to find something. Unfortunately it doesn't always happen easily. I hope something happens for you soon.

Daphna

Ninja of light
One more addition of my chart of failure

My job interview was a failure. It's my second job rejection. Other attendants stayed in the interview room for 5 to 10 minutes, but they kept me only 2 minutes. I feel so bad. Will I never succeed? There are a lot of jobs but they're not in my profession. I want to work in my area. Neither I have friends to encourage me nor family.

I am not suicidal but I don't have a reason to be okay(not happy, just content) A man; alone, jobless, friendless(there are friends but too far to me and I don't want to hear their success stories while I have nothing to say) meaningless. I can't even cry to release pain. It's like a nightmare which I'm not gonna wake up. I can't afford therapy either.
Look at it this way, that wasn’t the company for you. Don’t give up. Pray for help in finding you a company to work for. Like they say, when one door closes another one opens. Try, try again.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Been a while, 10 years but fore 2 years I was out of work and looking. You never know how things will turn out in the future and hopefully things will improve for you like they did for me. Everytime I was out of work it was for a good length of time. I think 7 months was the shortest for me.

I'm sorry you didn't get the job.

Job rejections are pretty standard - often jobs go to people inside the company instead, even if they aren't the best candidate, so don't feel bad about getting rejected and this doesn't make you a failure. I hope you can get a job you want soon. Sending hugs *hug10.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$190.00
Goal
$255.00