My kids

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by itmahanh, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I love them with every fiber of my being. How do I tell them goodbye?

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

why do you have to say goodbye? :heart:

3. abyss

abyss Well-Known Member

i recommend avoiding situations where you would have to.

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You stay with them Carla. They are the reason to cling to life. I realize that there are days that it seems impossible to do, but it is a gift you give them. They need you and the support only their mother can give. Be there for them as long as you possibly can. :hug:

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Dont say goobhbye to them hun :mad: Thy need you and look uo to yiou, I am here if yiou need to talk :hug:

6. itmahanh

Hun, this is as long as I possibly can. There's just no more left!!!

7. itmahanh

I dont want them to look up to a person that is as mentally unstable and as ill as I am. I'm certainly no role model.

8. patacake

patacake Well-Known Member

:hug: Carla , our children love us unconditionally , mine and yours and many others have sadly seen that life isnt a bowl of cherries all of the time , but is that so bad , we protect thm hun but we can't pretend life doesn't hurt ppl sometimes.

Stay with them sweetie , make them if needs be ur only reason for now until u find others , after all our children are the only reason we all need , please hold on sweetheart :hug: You are a lovely kind and supportive person more than worthy of happiness.

love Jo xx

9. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I know that you're not perfect Carla. No one is (except me possibly) :laugh: I'm just joking. Everyone has their flaws and your children love you all the same. I'm sure that they would prefer having you around with all your flaws, than be an angel looking down on them. :hug:

10. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

You don't have to be a role model, just a mother. I know what you think on the inside and no you are not doing them a favor. They need their mother, period.

The woman I asked advice about has a long list of incredibly tragic occurrences in her life and yet the worse one to her was losing her mother when she was young. It's been 25 years and yet affects her even to this day as an adult.

I know you're sad and in great pain but you have a purpose in life. And you said you are getting a divorce from the man that caused so much of your pain. It may be rough to go thru a divorce but it's a new lease on life. You have no where to go but up.

11. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

It would traumatize them for life and they would never get over it. It would be in their subconcious. If suicide is what you are talking about.

I hate to say this but IMO it would be a very immoral thing to do. You might as well just put cigarettes out on them. It would probly traumatize them less.

If they find out it was suicide, I wouldn't doubt if it leads to one of them doing the same.

12. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

This is truly a scary thought, but unfortunately, suicide often leads to more suicides like a dominoe effect. I'm begging you Carla, please don't take your life. :hug:

13. jam1e

jam1e Guest

It's simple!

You don't. You carry on because you love your children and killing yourself will have a negative effect on them which will last for their entire lives!

I live for my children and if i didn't have any i would be dead now!

No matter how painful and hard it is to go on you have to for your children, because they love you no matter what!

Good Luck!!:smile:

14. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

You find a way to stay with them, so you don't have to say goodbye. :hug: You can do it... stay strong.

15. itmahanh

Whispered goodbyes will have to suffice.

16. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Hun :sad:
    Please. You've done so well up til now. You're a good mum to them. I know your feelings for them must tear you apart. Don't let that bastard win this one. Keep going. Wish I could help you, big sis.
    :hug: :hug:

17. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

HI Carla, writting goodbye letters to my kids is the second hardest thing I have ever done.. The hardest of all was staying alive so they never had to read them.
    Please don't take your life Carla, stay if only for your children's sake. I used to think my kids would be better without me, especially after I spent 3 months in a Psychiatric Hospital.. I've come out the other end of this hell, you can too.
    When my daughter told me that her greatest fear at that time, was that I would die, I knew I had made the right choice.
    Please Carla, even when you think you can't go on another day then take it an hour at a time, the love for our children & theirs for us is the strongest grip on life that we have.

Stay Safe Hazel x

18. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

Please stay here with us!! :hug: :flowers:

19. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

:hug::hug:

20. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

My dad is a great role model in the outward sense, but I hate the bastard.

My mom is seriously mentally ill, and I'm pretty sure I hear the brunt of it - no one else supports her. I think I've talked her down, so to speak, more than once. But that has nothing to do with me respecting her and looking up to her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.