My last resort

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by salvarez83, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. salvarez83

salvarez83 Member

Hey guys. My name is Steven and I'm a 26 year old male from The Bronx.
    I'm here just trying to improve my life, and hopefully make some friends. I guess having some virtual friends, is better then having no friends at all.

I've been suffering from depression and anxiety for many years now. Trying to take it one day at a time, but sometimes even that is hard.

My main weakness is that I worry, all the time. About everything. It also get depressing, its been a long time since I have had one friend. Well I still have my best friend, but I haven't seen him in months. Why? Because he NEVER answers his phone, email, IM, or text messages. So yea, no friends. I'm 26 years old and never had a girlfriend.

Just so you get to know me a little, let me describe myself.

I go to college and study Computer Science, and work as a tutor. I tutor several computer subjects such as Excel, Word, Access, Beginning Visual Basic, Java. Does get stressful, definitely when I have anxiety. My two greatest passions is programming(even though im still learning) and video games, so my goal one day is to be a video game programmer. I enjoy shooting pool, bowling, movies, music, books, video games, computers, eating out, shopping, swimming, and hanging out with family or friends(if I had any).

Well that's a little about me.

My goals and purpose of joining this site is to improve my overall life, and lessen the anxiety and depression. I do know that it wont be easy, and I hope with you guys advise, I can reach it.

My short term goals is to make some friends, and one day hopefully a girlfriend as well.

Right not im felling a little lifeless, but not suicidal. Hopefully it wont escalate.

I hope you can leave me some positive feedback, and hope to make some friends soon. Thanks.

- Steven
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Steven, we've already met :shake:

But,im going to welcome you again... :welcome:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2009
  3. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Steven :smile:

Ohhh where were you when I needed a tutor in the microsoft programs! lol

I guarantee you'll make a ton of new friends here!
  4. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

welcome :smile:
  5. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Hi Steven, welcome!
    I think I posted in your other thread but it's nice to know a little more about you and I'm glad you're here. :)
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Steven. :hug:
  7. triggs

triggs Account Closed

hey steven :hug: welcome to sf
    i'm glad you found us!
    i hope you find all the help and support you need here :smile:
    if you ever need anything, i'm always here :heart:
    triggs xx
  8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome Steven you will make lots friends here everyone supportive. Are you on meds for anxiety if not they do help
  9. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums :)
  10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Steven welcome to the forums!! I'm sure you will make friends here easily!!
  11. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hey Steven, welcome to the forum. :) Yay, another computer person on board. LOL, I'm going back to school for computers in the spring.
  12. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Steven.

:hug: xx
  13. salvarez83

salvarez83 Member

Thanks for the help and support guys.
  14. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

15. It's strange, isn't it. I'm not saying this just because we're all a bunch suicidal looneys here, but you seem like a decent fellow, so I'm pretty sure if you could lose the anxiety, you'd easily make friends. I know it's not easy, I've had social phobia myself, and it took me quite a while to beat it. But remember, it can be beaten! And depression too! And it's never too late to get friends or girlfriends. But now I'm off to pharmacy to pick up my happy pills because I feel nauseous and depressed (yet, strangely, a bit optimistic). (I haven't taken my pills in a while. Bad move.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.