My Last Resort

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dont belong, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dont belong

dont belong Account Closed

Im afraid i have reached my last resort, i have always had problems coping but yesteday i went too far. i have caused quite a few problems in my life due to alcohol but last night i just went overboard. firstly i refused to open any presents or spend time with the family so i was in my mums house all alone when i started drinking, heavily! by the time my mum and step dad came back, i had completely lost the plot and tried to stab him. This then lead to me being arrested on christmas day, i have not long been out of the police station. my mum cant cope anymore with my depression and is unable to speak to me, now my uncle is kicking me out in two days even though i have nowhere else to live. I have no money or job. I can stay with mates for a while but i dont see the point, i dont think im gonna bounce back from this one, im done for. I wont be able to get access to a computer soon, so if anyone has any suggestions that doesnt involve the usual positive thinking bullshit then you have my undevided attention, but you will have to reply by the end of monday. I dont think i will benifit from any help now though. Im just thankful that im not scared to die. I had so much potential aswell, its such a shame its going to go to waste, but thats life i suppose.
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Sorry this may all be useless. But I dont know your situation so here goes.

Do you have a pdoc or therapist/mental health worker that you see? If not you should look for one in your area. If you need to go see your family doc and tell him/her what has been going on with you lately. And be deadly honest and thorough!! By seeing a professional you might also find out that it's more than just depression. Might be some other mental or even physical health problem. You need to make that appointment. If you already have these people in your life then get on the phone and tell them you need help now!

I'm going to assume that you dont have any of the above so that would probably mean you also dont take any type of meds. Again your family doc can help you there until you get into a pdoc or therapist. If you are using meds, then it is definitely time to re-evaluate them. Time for a change in dosage or even the meds themselves.

I think you should take the opportunity to stay at one of your friends places. It will give you the chance to look into the things I've posted. It will also give you a chance to stay connected here if they have a computer. You really do need to talk to someone about the issues in your head. You need to get them out. I think you've got tons and have never really had a chance to get them out.

And lastly I think you need to have a real long talk with your mom. You need to let her know that your depression is as real in your life as her limbs are in hers. Maybe tell her that you want to find some real help and ask if she could help you do that. By you asking her it will show her that you do want to change your depression around as much as you can.

Sorry might not be any help at all. But until you can find some professional help that you can work with, the only other thing is to talk to others about things as much as you can. Whatever you do or happens you are not alone in this. There are professionals and there are the members here. Both can offer you much needed support and advice. Good luck.
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I completely agree with what Itmahanh has posted. Please don't give up; take her advice!
  4. .Tom

.Tom Member

I've talked to the OP, and I wish him the best of luck in whatever he decides to do.
  5. dont belong

been there and done all that, i cant tell how i really feel to a doctor or therapist as it will result in me getting sectioned off or institutionalised as you americans would put it and that is not an option im going to take. i think i will just stick with my last resort. Thank you anyway for taking the time to write
  6. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you're a female. You got off easily for trying to stab him. Consider yourself lucky and use it to your advantage. It seems you harbor a lot of anger, so maybe you can use that energy to to vent in a way that wouldn't seriously harm anybody. Maybe martial arts or other sports?
  7. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

me too
  8. dont belong

already done the martial arts thing, i was a kickboxer for 2 and a half years, and you guessed wrong as i am a male. none of these things are being useful, ive heard it all before. oh well nevermind, i guess my time is up.
  9. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Sorry you didn't find anything we said useful. I hope you'll stay and give us another chance.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.