My life has made a huge turn for the worst.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by frankimac, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frankimac

frankimac New Member

Basically a few months ago, I lost my job. I did something very stupid and can only blame myself for it. However, since then trying to find a new job has been getting harder and harder with just 'Sorry, you're not quite good enough for us' replies.

To top it off, my 'friends' don't give a flying fart. A majority of them are my ex-coworkers who decided to keep in touch for a while after losing my job and then sort of giving up. Everything was cool initially. A lot of my friends would just come round and see me, we'd have some drinks, some fun etc. But now, they can't be arsed. They will say 'Yeah ok, we'll come round' and then not turn up. No response, can't get hold of them, nothing. This has happened everywhere in my life.

It seems that when people don't have to put up with me, they don't bother.

I think right now the only thing stopping me from not bothering with life any more is my kids. They make me happy. But I can't be with them all the time. I can't take this much longer. I spend my life alone in my flat playing on my laptop or xbox waiting for the phone to ring, for someone to say they are coming over or something.

I just needed to vent. I'm sick of everyone I vent to feeding me bullshit about how they will come over and the forget or make other plans.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi you need to get out then okay outside that box of yours meet new people join a group an activity that will provide you with an outlet do volunteer work it looks good when you apply for a new job it keeps you busy as well and you meet new people The old friends are working out time to make new ones hugs

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

You are doing what I do. You are isolating which does more harm than good. I have a simple schedule of places to go each week that helps to keep me from too much isolation.

It doesn't solve everything but it does take care of part of our problem with depression.

Have you tried looking for some part time work until the economy picks up?

I hope you feel better soon.

4. frankimac

frankimac New Member

The problem is I'm in a situation where I can't afford a part time job. I need to be picky about the salary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.